It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2003, 11:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Question Un-Flushable poop

Ok, if you are viewing this topic, then you are not grossed out by it's seriousness. When I eventually do move the bowels, the poop is hard, and usually the shape of a huge ball, and literally, un-flushable. I know that I am guilty of a poor diet, and I've been told to drink more water, which I have to force myself to do. I've had this problem all my life, but now I really want to do something to change it. I just want to have a normal BM that can be flushed down the toilet without a plunger! Suggestions please.

Old 03-24-2003, 11:45 AM   #2

The Borg HB User
"Un-Flushable poop" wasn't that a punk band back in the 80's?

Yeah............I'd say drink more water and see a nutritionist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2003, 02:17 PM   #3

iluvgum HB User
The only product that worked for me was colon clense and you can get it at Rite Aid or GNC. It comes in powder form or a pill. I would suggest this product to anyone. I promise it will work.
MM

Old 03-24-2003, 03:56 PM   #4

sbwertz HB User
You need to increase the fiber in your diet. Fruits and high fiber breads will help, as will beans and peas. If you can't add more natural fiber, look at metamucil, fiberconl, benecol, or one of the other fiber supplements. An easy way to add fiber is to buy a box of oat bran and add it to things like meatloaf, pancakes, muffins, etc. You can use it instead of crumbs as a topping on desserts. I use it to keep my husband's fiber level up since he doesn't eat much in the way of fruits and high fiber veggies. He doesn't even know it is there.

I use benecol or fibercon when I travel because I always get constipated, but get enough fiber in my diet that I don't need it at home.

Old 03-25-2003, 05:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Talking

Hello, I agree with the fiber poster. I wouldn't worry about the unflushable part, but I would worry about the hard part. My poop is sometimes unflushable, because it floats, but it's not hard. Foods like watermellon, prunes, prune juice, apples, raisins, romain lettuce, and flax seed will help to loosen up your stools without any chemicals. For dinking more water, you can add a little lemon or fruit juice to the water also, but I really don't think that just drinking more water will help. You have to eat fiber too.

------------------
Magpie

Old 03-25-2003, 10:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

Definitely more fiber.... Fiber comes from plants not animals. Eat more plant food, and avoid processed foods, in general. That means changing to eating more fresh fruits and vegetables etc. The other posters mentioning fiber are right on target.

Old 03-26-2003, 08:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
test

Old 03-26-2003, 08:10 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Thank you to everyone for your replies. Does anyone know if Colon Cleanse can be used on a regular basis, or just an as needed supplement? Also, I do not drink any juice at all, so mixing that with water may be helpful...it helps my kids, right? Also what is flax seed, and why is it helpful? I also forgot to mention that I eat bran flakes or oatmeal in the morning and a salad at night, so isn't that enough fiber? Increasing my fruit is do-able for me, but I am just not a veggie liker

Old 03-26-2003, 01:14 PM   #9

chelann HB User
This may sound dumb, But it may even be your toilet! Yor toilet may need to be fixed so it has more pressure to flush! I am not saying your diet may not be to blame, But a good toilet helps!! (we had this problem at my home!!)

Old 03-26-2003, 01:16 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Hello, It really depends on what type of salad you have for enough fiber. Ice berg lettuce does not have as much fiber or vitamins as romain or green leaf lettuce. Oats and bran also have fiber, but you still need to eat more fruits and vegetables and water since there are 2 different types of fiber and you need both. Flax seed looks like redish/black sesame seeds. There is also golden flax seed. Flax seed has a nutty flavor and is high in fiber and omega 3 oil. I find it good for keep me regular...not that I would have any problems with that, since I also eat a lot of fruits and vegie

Closed Thread