It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
(male)

SomeRandomDude HB User
Would this be a sensible diet plan?

I've yet to find something I can stick with...

I tried the slimfast plan.. and adkins... and on and on and on.

I'm currently eating two bowls of post healthy classics cereal a day, with skim milk and a piece of fruit... usually a bannana. They claim by doing so, you can lose 10 pounds on average, in 12 weeks.

For my third meal, I'm trying to eat sensible... but I'm not much of a cook and it's hard when you can't cook, to not go get fast food or something.

I've also cut down on the soda, which is something I tend to drink way too much of. Cut back to a few cans a day and only diet when I do drink it, the rest of the time bottled water.

My question is as follows:

Would those "Healthy Choice" frozen dinners you see in the store, be a good substitute for the 'sensible' dinner, again seeing how I can't cook?

I'm not really even overweight, though I am a little more round in the middle than what I would like, thus the need to diet.

Thanks!

Last edited by SomeRandomDude; 09-21-2005 at 08:48 PM.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Would this be a sensible diet plan?

Dude,

Yes, the Health Choice is a wise choice. If you were a calorie counter (hint, hint) you'd see it on the back of the box. Lean Cuisine is also a good choice also.
Basically "TV Dinner" that is under 300-400 calories can be considered pretty "dietetic."

They don't fill me and my caloric limit is higher than most dieters (around 2200) so I prefer the Stouffer's Red Box...the best tasting of the lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2005, 05:39 AM   #3
(female)

YaYa04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomDude
I'm currently eating two bowls of post healthy classics cereal a day, with skim milk and a piece of fruit... usually a bannana. They claim by doing so, you can lose 10 pounds on average, in 12 weeks.

For my third meal, I'm trying to eat sensible... but I'm not much of a cook and it's hard when you can't cook, to not go get fast food or something.
I hope that is not all you eat during the day, it's not really enough food for anyone.

Quote:
I've also cut down on the soda, which is something I tend to drink way too much of. Cut back to a few cans a day and only diet when I do drink it, the rest of the time bottled water.
Diet pop is very bad.

Quote:
My question is as follows:

Would those "Healthy Choice" frozen dinners you see in the store, be a good substitute for the 'sensible' dinner, again seeing how I can't cook?

I'm not really even overweight, though I am a little more round in the middle than what I would like, thus the need to diet.
They are a good subsitute for a sensible dinner, but you'd probably have to eat two or three to even feel full though.

Old 09-24-2005, 06:31 PM   #4
(male)

SomeRandomDude HB User

That's indeed all I've been eating (well I added two strips of bacon to the first bowl of cereal and fruit)

It's actually not been too bad, I've been a little hungry still.. not not starving.

Of course I've also only done it for around a week... might get worse from here on out.

Old 09-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #5
(female)

YaYa04 HB User

Quote:
That's indeed all I've been eating (well I added two strips of bacon to the first bowl of cereal and fruit)

It's actually not been too bad, I've been a little hungry still.. not not starving.

Of course I've also only done it for around a week... might get worse from here on out.
That is NOT enough food for anyone to eat in a day.

Old 09-25-2005, 01:47 PM   #6
(male)

SomeRandomDude HB User

Has to be better than what I used to eat...

I've been known to spend 11 or 12 bucks on myself at fast food places.

My average Mcdonalds trip consisted of:

Two double cheesburgers, and a fish filet combo with a coke

or

two double cheeseburgers and a 10 piece chicken nugget combo with a coke.

Old 09-25-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
(female)

YaYa04 HB User

Quote:
Has to be better than what I used to eat...

I've been known to spend 11 or 12 bucks on myself at fast food places.

My average Mcdonalds trip consisted of:

Two double cheesburgers, and a fish filet combo with a coke

or

two double cheeseburgers and a 10 piece chicken nugget combo with a coke.
McDonalds has got to be one of the worst things you can put into your body. You have gone from one extreme to another. Neither one is healthy for anyone at all.

Old 09-25-2005, 02:36 PM   #8
(male)

SomeRandomDude HB User

Well what could I add to my routine, that won't cause automatic weight gain?

I'm diet impaired here... and will admit as much.

Any ideas would be appreciated... have to stick with my cereal though, if only because I bought so many different types.

Same goes for the TV dinners... I'm not opposed to adding to each of them though.

A friend said something like a protien shake in the morning, yogurt and fruit for lunch and then most anything for dinner, as long as it wasn't fast food or something along those lines.

Does that sound better?!?

Old 09-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #9
(female)

YaYa04 HB User

Quote:
Well what could I add to my routine, that won't cause automatic weight gain?

I'm diet impaired here... and will admit as much.

Any ideas would be appreciated... have to stick with my cereal though, if only because I bought so many different types.

Same goes for the TV dinners... I'm not opposed to adding to each of them though.

A friend said something like a protien shake in the morning, yogurt and fruit for lunch and then most anything for dinner, as long as it wasn't fast food or something along those lines.

Does that sound better?!?
Just eat healthy and stay away from junk food. Try eating six small healthy meals a day and exercise.

I eat a bowl of cereal and toast with almond butter on it for breakfast. At lunch I'll eat soup and a salad, or a sandwich or left overs from the night before. Dinner I usually have a chicken breast or some kind of fish, with rice and two different kinds of veggies. Sometime between breakfast and lunch I'll have a snack, like a handful of nuts, piece of fruit or carrot sticks. Again, between lunch and dinner I'll have another snack of the same choices. I just stay away from to much sugar and fats. It's really not that difficult.

Closed Thread