It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
(male)

Mitchapalooza HB User
Need to lose 30lbs by x-mas here is my diet plan!

Alright I am a 21 year old male, 5'11 and weigh 225lbs at the moment. I am currently a week into my diet/exercise plan and am wondering is this will help me achieve my desired weight of 195lbs-190lbs by Christmas.

Morning/Breakfast:
-Meal Replacement Shake (202 Calories) (made with 2 cups of water)
-Multi-Vitamin with Minerals

Afternoon/Lunch:

The above meals never change at all during the week.

Evening/Dinner:
(OPTION 1)
-2 Skinless Chicken Breasts, that I cut up and dip into Louisianna hot sauce.
-3 Fist size portions of romaine lettuce with 4 tbsp of italian dressing (8 calories per tbsp).
-Water or Diet Coke

(OPTION 2)
-Can of Healthy Request Chicken Noodle Soup (240 Calories per can)
-3 Fist size portions of romaine lettuce, 3-5 croutons with 4 tbsp of caesar dressing (44 calories per tbsp), somtimes a little bit of parmesan cheese

For snacks I have a bowl of carrot sticks, though I don't always eat snacks throughout the day.

I end up having about 6-7 glasses of water a day and on average 1-2 can of diet coke a day.

---

I exercise 4-5 times a week, often burning close to or a little over 500 calories through cardio. At this time I am only during cardio, until I lose some more weight and then plan to add in some weight training, keeping in mind I naturally have strong muscle mass from my genes.

What do some of you think of this diet? Is it healthy? I am really doing this to try and lose as much weight as possible, I am desperate to lose weight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 05:32 AM   #2
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User
Re: Need to lose 30lbs by x-mas here is my diet plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza
Alright I am a 21 year old male, 5'11 and weigh 225lbs at the moment. I am currently a week into my diet/exercise plan and am wondering is this will help me achieve my desired weight of 195lbs-190lbs by Christmas.

Morning/Breakfast:
-Multi-Vitamin with Minerals

Afternoon/Lunch:

The above meals never change at all during the week.

Evening/Dinner:
(OPTION 1)
-2 Skinless Chicken Breasts, that I cut up and dip into Louisianna hot sauce.
-3 Fist size portions of romaine lettuce with 4 tbsp of italian dressing (8 calories per tbsp).
-Water or Diet Coke

(OPTION 2)
-Can of Healthy Request Chicken Noodle Soup (240 Calories per can)
-3 Fist size portions of romaine lettuce, 3-5 croutons with 4 tbsp of caesar dressing (44 calories per tbsp), somtimes a little bit of parmesan cheese

For snacks I have a bowl of carrot sticks, though I don't always eat snacks throughout the day.

I end up having about 6-7 glasses of water a day and on average 1-2 can of diet coke a day.

---

I exercise 4-5 times a week, often burning close to or a little over 500 calories through cardio. At this time I am only during cardio, until I lose some more weight and then plan to add in some weight training, keeping in mind I naturally have strong muscle mass from my genes.

What do some of you think of this diet? Is it healthy? I am really doing this to try and lose as much weight as possible, I am desperate to lose weight.
I would replace the shakes with real food in the manner of your dinner meals adding more veggies. Watch out for the sodium in canned soups as they will make you retain fluids. I would add weights right now since muscle burns fat even while sleeping. Make sure you do not do cardio right before weight training as your glycogen will be used up and you will have nothing left for your muscle. It also does not seem to me like you have enough calories in the day. I would have it at 1500 and remember if you burn 500 make sure that you are getting the full 1500 in say if you eat 1500 and you burn 500 you need another 500 more. Or else the body will hold onto fat for dear life..Good luck it sounds as though you are on the right track..Lisa

Last edited by Moxie75; 10-04-2005 at 05:33 AM.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:06 AM   #3
(female)

Selene71 HB User

I would drink more water--64 ounces PLUS an ounce for every pound you are overweight.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

The first dinner looks ok but how about having something healthier and more substantial for breakfast, like oatmeal with a banana sliced in and an egg-white veggie omelet? Meal replacement shakes are usually loaded with preservatives and sugar, and there is no real substance to sit in your stomach and utilize because they are liquid and absorbed quickly. Eating oatmeal with some protein will not only be healthier but will keep you satisfied far longer.

Closed Thread