It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
(female)

terry2006 HB User
Slowed Metabolism...how can I fix it?

I'm not sure how many calories I consume in a day. But I do find that during the summer months, I'll eat less food. Sometimes, I'll find that I've only eaten once that entire day....or that all I've done was eaten a few snacks here and there. I'm guessing that I probably consumer less than 1300cal/day. Obviously, I losts a lot of weight as a result of this low cal. consumption

(during summer I always doing stuff and really just forget to eat; or just never really hungry)

But during the school year, I find that I eat much more than during the summer months. I'll eat 2-3 full means and continually snacking (cookies; cake) throughout the day. I've definitely noticed that I've put on a few pounds since school has started.

(during school year, I get really stressed and nervous....I"m a stress eater)

I know I went from not eating enough...which I know has slowed my metabolism...to eating too many bad foods which just plain wrong. Is there anyway I can bring my metabolism back to normal, but not gain anymore weight (bc I know my metabolism is slowed). Or am I stuck with this slowed metabolism forever?

I do cardio 30min. almost everyday and weight train every other day. I'm 24/130lbs/5'2/F

Old 10-05-2005, 05:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User
Re: Slowed Metabolism...how can I fix it?

I doubt there's anything wrong with your matabolism. By your own admission, you say you eat too many bad foods. If you cut back or eliminate them, you should be just fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2005, 07:40 AM   #3
(female)

KrFr HB User

May I suggest you read Can't Lose Weight? Unlock the Secrets that KEEP you FAT! by Sandra Cabot MD. It is about Syndrome X which is a jeopardized metabolic system. I am reading it now and finding it very interesting. After years of dieting I do feel that I have damaged my metabolism but , according to Dr. Cabot, it can be corrected. HTH

Old 10-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
(female)

veganballerina HB User

By eating smaller meals throughout the day, distributing your calories and proper protein/carb/fat ratios...along with cardio (even some weight training will help)... a metabolism can be sped up. That's why athletes normally have to eat more. Their bodies need more because their metabolism is speedier.
:P

Old 10-06-2005, 04:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Cut out the cookies and cake. Otherwise you'll have to work out more than 30 minutes a day. More like and hour to an hour and a half if you really want to keep eating the amount you are eating now. Even with that it's a known fact that working out increases you appetite so make sure if you do work out more not to increase you food intake at all.

Last edited by Kari7171; 10-06-2005 at 04:54 PM.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:38 AM   #6
(female)

RobThomasRocks HB User

go to the farenheit web site, google it cause I can't post the link here, but on that site, you will find the metabolism repair plan. It should help you out without making you pay for a book

Closed Thread