It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
(female)

samizzle79 HB User
Lightbulb Increase In Metabolism?!

Hey guys! I read a few things in a magazine about how to increase your metabolism and this is what it said to do:
1. Eat a snack within 30 minutes of working out
(maybe it will keep your muscles active?)
2. Drink Green Tea

Are those things logical? Will they really increase my metabolism?
Thanks a lot

Old 11-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User
Re: Increase In Metabolism?!

Hot peppers too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

I read that hot peppers don't do anything. People think that they sweat when they eat them so they loose some calories but i guess the amount you lose is so minimal that it doesn't matter. bummer.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

I just dont think you'll get much increase in metabolism by certain foods or supplements(green tea).Even the Mitochondria nutrients (CO-Q10,L-CARNITINE,LIPOIC ACID)will have little affect.High intensity cardio is the only thing that revs my body like nothing else.(cardio equiptment,raquetball,basketball,sprints ,etc.) harry !

Old 11-03-2005, 05:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

The effect might be there but it is very slight. THe BIG metabolic boosts come form most of the substances that are already banned with amphetamine leading the pack, then phenyl propanolamine hydrochlaride and the weaker ephedrine and pseudoephedirine all of which raise your blood pressure and have therefore caused strokes ion susceptible people.

Coffee and tea (green or black) are probably the best you can do now safely and legally and their caffeine will help speed the metabolism...a LITTLE and for a LITTLE while!

A snack or no snack won't do anything noticeable for your metabolism...unless it's a cup of coffee.

Last edited by Lenin; 11-03-2005 at 05:25 AM.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:31 AM   #6
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samizzle79
I read that hot peppers don't do anything. People think that they sweat when they eat them so they loose some calories but i guess the amount you lose is so minimal that it doesn't matter. bummer.
I'm not sure where you read that but here is what I pulled off of ediets website and the study is from canada plus I have read it in many books:

Hot Peppers! Eating hot peppers can speed up your metabolism and cool your cravings, researchers at Laval University in Canada found. Here's why: capsaicin (a chemical found in jalapeño and cayenne peppers) temporarily stimulates your body to release more stress hormones, which speeds up your metabolism and causes you to burn more calories. They also aids in digestion....Lisa

Old 11-03-2005, 07:02 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

I just started to drink this green tea from herba sway, and it's equal to 5-10 cups of tea for every serving. I lost 3 pounds out of no where! And I haven't even been exercising like I usually do, AND my diet hasn't been so great and I've been eating higher fat food than usual lately(not real bad or anything but it's SOOO wierd cause when I eat less I weigh more). I know it's hard to believe and I guess it's from the green tea, , I DUNNO, lol.

Old 11-04-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Woah, what kind of tea is this...you mean one serving of green tea is equal to ten servings?

Old 12-22-2005, 12:30 PM   #9
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

Thats what happens to my friend...when she is out of her volleyball season she eats more and doesn't exercise but she loses weight! why is this?

Old 12-23-2005, 08:16 AM   #10
(female)

s1mc7 HB User

wow! where'd you get that green tea???!!!

Closed Thread