It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Update...Grape Seed Extract

A while back I mentioned taking grape seed extract for another problem and my fibromyalgia was better. Had to stop taking for 3 weeks due to a procedure and could not take supplements 2 weeks before and 1 week afterward. During the time I as off grape seed extract I had a horrible fibro flare.

After being back on grape seed extract for 2 weeks the fibro was better. I have been back on grape seed extract for a month and fibro is not painful. Yes, I still have some discomfort but I do not ache, hurt all over, etc. Apparently the antioxidant properties of grape seed extract reduces cell damage from fibro.

Just wanted to share my experience in hopes it might be of help to others.

My internist suggested I try grape seed extract for painful thigh muscles due to not being able to walk properly. I have had plantar fasciitis for the past 6 months and walking has been difficult.

In my search about grape seed extract ran across a site stating that grape seed extract was good for fibro. Then, I started thinking about it and decided maybe that was true but would not really know until I went back to taking grape seed extract again just in case the first relief was just a coincidence. Apparently it was not a coincidence but is helping.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2005, 08:06 PM   #2

Amosquito HB User
Re: Update...Grape Seed Extract

Very cool to hear. What brand and how much do you take a day? How do you dose it, and do you take with food? I think I tried it years and years ago and got a stomach ache, though it could have been the Pau D'Arco tea too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Update...Grape Seed Extract

Amosquito,

Grape Seed Extract 100 mg. made by Nature's Life, bought at health food store, 100 capsules for $24.95. I take 1 capsule after evening meal. If you are on blood thinners, best to check with doctor before taking.

Ingredients:

Grape Seed extract 100 mg.
Oligomeric Proanthocyanidin (OPCs) 38 mg.
Monomeric Polyphenols 2 mg. (Catechins, Epicatechins & Epigallocatechins)
Citric Acid 12 mg
Other Fruit Acids 5 mg. (Gallic Acid, Epigallic Acid & Malic Acid)

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one (1) to three (3) capusles per day, with food. The OPCs in Grape Seed Extract are potent antioxidant free-radical scavengers. Grape Seed Extract promotes healthy collagen and strengthens capillaries.

My research indicated grape seed extract with OPCs was the best kind.

Reply Reply