It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2005, 09:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
Still on Low-carb, but would this help?

I'm still on the low carb diet. Have been since about september. I've lost 20lbs and I'm planning on dropping another 10-15 between now and june.

I started my first two weeks with just 20carbs/day, lots of water! I've not let it slide past 20carbs/day thankfully with no weight gain!

So my question is, do any of those carb diet pills do anything for this diet? I've seen several brands that now have "low-carb" on them to help reduce your appetite. And i know If I put myself back on the strict 20 carbs/day i could lose it. I guess im just looking for a cheat here haha.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:31 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mursy HB User
Re: Still on Low-carb, but would this help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranna65
I'm still on the low carb diet. Have been since about september. I've lost 20lbs and I'm planning on dropping another 10-15 between now and june.

I started my first two weeks with just 20carbs/day, lots of water! I've not let it slide past 20carbs/day thankfully with no weight gain!

So my question is, do any of those carb diet pills do anything for this diet? I've seen several brands that now have "low-carb" on them to help reduce your appetite. And i know If I put myself back on the strict 20 carbs/day i could lose it. I guess im just looking for a cheat here haha.
Since this is a diet and nutrition board I'm going to say that I think your diet is a recipe for disaster. You are not getting enough carbs for the day. I know you lost 20 lbs already but it won't last and I'm not trying to be negative I am speaking from experience. A few years back against my better judgement I did the Atkins and lost 14 lbs in 14 days. As soon as I went on the maintenance all kinds of cravings kicked in and I gained it all back and then some. I say your best cheat is not to do any pills and eat healthy carbs, lean protein, veggies and no processed foods stick to whole foods. Eat 6 small meals a day and excercise at least 5 days a week. The rest of your weight will come off and keep your metabolism working properly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2005, 06:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie_75
Since this is a diet and nutrition board I'm going to say that I think your diet is a recipe for disaster. You are not getting enough carbs for the day. I know you lost 20 lbs already but it won't last and I'm not trying to be negative I am speaking from experience. A few years back against my better judgement I did the Atkins and lost 14 lbs in 14 days. As soon as I went on the maintenance all kinds of cravings kicked in and I gained it all back and then some. I say your best cheat is not to do any pills and eat healthy carbs, lean protein, veggies and no processed foods stick to whole foods. Eat 6 small meals a day and excercise at least 5 days a week. The rest of your weight will come off and keep your metabolism working properly.

I Second that!

Old 12-09-2005, 10:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

No, I plan on sticking with this diet. It's the first diet I am able to stay on for more then a week or 2, and that i've lost weight with. I'm happy with my results. Like any diet once you change your eating habits you will gain that weight back. That isnt just atkins or calorie counting. It's any diet.

Old 12-10-2005, 06:50 AM   #5
(female)

jayep99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranna65
No, I plan on sticking with this diet. It's the first diet I am able to stay on for more then a week or 2, and that i've lost weight with. I'm happy with my results. Like any diet once you change your eating habits you will gain that weight back. That isnt just atkins or calorie counting. It's any diet.
That's how I feel but I call mine Judy's diet!

Old 12-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #6
(female)

amberface526 HB User

hey you lost 20 pounds in two months or in two weeks.

Old 12-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

it's been over the course of about 2 months, it came off quick at first but I increased my carb intake so the process went slower. Which was fine I was just happy to lose!

So anyway, have any of you used the low-carb diet pills???

Closed Thread