It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
(female)

samizzle79 HB User
Carbs Galore

I am proned to carbs. I eat them unconciously at every meal! Well, i guess i know that i'm eating them but its been such a large part of my life. For example:
Breakfast- cereal/oatmeal
Lunch- sandwhich with a side dish (maybe fruit or vegis)
Snack: Pretzels or cereal
Dinner: whatever my mom makes *(usually carbs in it)

Are there any foods that i can replace with my usual braekfast or lunch to lower my carb intake? Also- would lowering my carb intake reflect in a quicker weight loss?

Old 02-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #2

llamamuffinmama HB User
Re: Carbs Galore

it doesn't sound to me like you are eating poorly, although i don't know much about the cereal/bread/pretzels that you are choosing. if you are eating whole grain and low sugar cereals, and whole grain (whole wheat, spelt, multigrain, etc) bread with your sandwiches, that is great! the fiber in those (and in things like whole wheat or other whole grain pastas) will not make your blood sugar go haywire and cause you to feel hunger/fatigue the way more refined carbs will. if you are eating coco-puffs and wonder bread, though, you should definitely switch to whole grains! carbs are definitely your friend, especially if you are active and need energy (which would be a good way to lose weight also- exercise is key)- just make sure you choose them wisely. Then enjoy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2006, 04:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

No Reason to change what you are eating at all. Thats a good Healthy Meal Plan.

CARBS are not evil! They are essential. Just limit the amount of Bad Carbs (Processed/refined) as ll...mama said. Carbs do not make people Fat...excess Calories do!

Old 02-03-2006, 06:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

I know you are concentrating on listing the carbs, but I don't see much protein there. Where are you getting your protein? It also seems a little short on veggies and fruits? And all the cereal, bread, pretzels . . . is it all from white flour? Or is any of it whole wheat?

Old 02-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonistyle2 HB User

yes, omg, CARBS ARE NOT BAD! I'm so tired of "low-carb" this and this i could puke! you want to replace it? eat bacon instead. sound healthier? (didn't think so) enjoy your good healthy carbs (along with dairy, protein, fruit and veggies) and move on! your diet is fine!

Old 02-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

auntjudy...your right, i don't eat much proteins or vegies at all. most of my diet consists of only carbs! is that bad?

Old 02-04-2006, 05:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

You can actually get alot of protein from carbs a good 100% whole wheat bread can have 6 grs per slice so two slices with peanut butter or cheese can give you 20 grams right there. I tend to eat a carb high diet in whole grains fruits and veggies cheese, nuts, yogurt and eggs and losts of beans I do eat animal flesh but just not that often. You can get just as much protein from this type of diet as any other, Just eat healthy choices with good amounts of protein not too much refined or suger and you should have it down pat. Good luck

Old 02-04-2006, 06:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I'm seeing the "sandwich" for lunch and "whatever my mom makes" for dinner and thinking there's enough protein especially if both are meat, fish, cheese or bean based!

Looks OK to me samizzle...but quantities are important.

Last edited by Lenin; 02-04-2006 at 06:33 AM.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samizzle79
auntjudy...your right, i don't eat much proteins or vegies at all. most of my diet consists of only carbs! is that bad?
You need some carbs, some protein, and some fat. None is bad, because the body needs all of them. Excesses are bad . . . excesses of any of them. (These matters aren't simple, I'm afraid.)

Now, your sample daily menu . . . is that what you usually eat, or is that what you are planning to do to lose some weight? If so, are you sticking with it so far?

Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #10
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

That is what i generally eat. However, some days I may binge or not eat as much.
Heres a quick question: Are carbs or protein or fat most quickly digested / lost through working out? (im guessing not fat)

Closed Thread