It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

samizzle79 HB User
Question Calories in a wrap!?!

I've been looking all over the Internet to try and find exactly how many calories are in a wrap. I usually have a white wrap with tuna or eggsalad evry day for lunch. Today i had a Spinach wrap with tuna.
Does anyone know how many calories are in these wraps?!?!

Old 02-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Calories in a wrap!?!

It varies all over the lot depending on size of the tortilla and the amount of filling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

Can you give me any range?

Old 02-22-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

With my feet held to the fire, I'd say, something in the range of 200-300 calories...more if cheesy or with a lot of mayo!

Old 02-23-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
(female)

stephanieadams HB User

Just to give you an example: A tuna wrap at D'Angelos has 749 calories and 45 grams of fat with 55 grams of carbs. The wrap itself probably has about 200 calories and then you have to add in the contents: tuna, egg salad etc. You could make yourself one at home with a low carb wrap that only has about 70-100 calories and 12 grams of carbs with fiber too. You could fill it with homemade egg salad that you can make with mostly hardboiled egg whites and maybe one or two egg yolks (it still tastes great!!) instead of using regular mayonnaise you can use low-fat which only has about 40 calories and 5 grams of fat per tablespoon. Remember to measure out everything and you could make yourself an egg salad or tuna salad wrap for a total of 200-300 calories and 10-15 grams of fat as opposed to 750 calories and 45 grams of fat. Believe me...you won't be able to taste the difference!!

Old 02-23-2006, 12:21 PM   #6
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

Doesn't it make anyone crazy checking exactly how many calories you eat. i've done it for a few weeks and i cant handle it anymore. there isn't a time when i dont think about what im eating and its made me kind of angry! i feel like i can't stop counting.
i eat healthy a lot of the time, so ther isnt a real reason i need to lose a lot of weight but counting cals is a bad habit now.

(thanks for the info! do you think a tuna wrap at my school would be about 400 cals? Seeing that the bread is like 200, and just the tuna inside...)

Old 02-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

It's really hard to say because nobody has seen the wrap but you. The tortilla chell itself is about 200 Calories, and the rest of the cals come from the filling. If it is lotsa mayo and tuna, it's prolly more caloric than something that is made with light mayo, or salsa, or a different filling. So its alll hard to say, but just try ot make healthy choices- maybe if there is a wrap or sandwich without a mayo filling you might have less cals...or if you can get a vegetable wrap, or better yet, if you can make it yoruself!

Checking cals CAN drive someone mad, so if you can get by by just making healthy choices, do that instead and you'll prolyl find it easier.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
(female)

jade112 HB User

Just too add it while we are on the 'wrap' topic;

I was shocked to find how DIFFERENT the nutritional difference of wraps range by all the different brands.

Here are a just a couple examples I can think of:

I used to get the 98% Fat Free Mission tortillas (.5 grams of fat)
Now I get LAVISH wraps (0 fat, low cal & low carb) and they are delish.
Tumaro's Brand makes great nutritional wraps:
All made with whole grains & organic ingredients - they have tons of flavors, low fat ones, low carb ones & soy ones. If you go to their web site you can see all of them & they give you recipes for fillings
**No I do not work for them, although I am sure I could! LOL**

Anyway- I noticed the wraps that they serve downstairs at my office's little cafe have 18 grams of Fat And I've also found that at a BUNCH of restaurants I go too, they also use wraps that are WAY higher in fat & calories!! It seems nuts too me......it is simply flattened dough how can companies manage to fit all that fat and calories in too them??!?! I am stumped.

So to 'wrap' it up (LOL, I crack myself right up) .........just look at your grocery store at the gazillion different choices and just read the ingredients and nutritional info and you are good to go!! I also agree you are better off making your own filling, better for ya & actually fun when you start to get a lil creative!!

-Jade

Old 02-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #9
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

Jade - thanks for the info! very interesting. and i too wonder how that little flat wrap can add up to so many calories. do you guys agree that a wheat roll (for example)would be less calories?

Old 02-25-2006, 07:47 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

I've counted EVERY calorie for the last 3 years. It's become easy as pie (low-cal of course) and takes only a few minutes a day.
The alternative is being FAT so for me the choice is simple!

When I run into a fast food supplier like QUIZNO'S who absolutely won't divulge the calories in their products I say "Bye, bye Quizno's...tasty though you are!"

Old 02-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #11
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

haha. good for you Lenin!! As for me, i think the best thing now is just to concentrate that i'm eating healthy and no midnight snacks. and exercising of course!

Closed Thread