It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2006, 04:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
Has anyone tried eating for you blood type?

I know it seems that there are so many fad diets out there but I had a group of co workers go on this diet well lifestyle change and 2 out of 20 had great improvements in one month. Most lost an average of 7 to 10 pounds with out calorie restriction just body specfic foods and some of them had great health improvements as well. My husband and I are trying it now seeing as he has some allergies and acording to his blood type he is eating wrong. I was a low carber for a long time while I did lose weight my health declined . My blood type says I should be eating a different way the way that I do eat now and I have had great results. Mind you I am not trying to lose weight in fact keeping it on seems to be the problem now but I just want the health benefits. Has anyone else looked into this or had sucess? I know it is almost logical that if your body doesn't respond well one way eat another, mabie that is why some of us can be low carbers and some can't who knows, any opinions?

Old 03-01-2006, 05:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Has anyone tried eating for you blood type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad2
I know it seems that there are so many fad diets out there ?
And the "blood type diet" is the faddiest of all...well maybe second to THE PEANUT BUTTER DIET.

There is no credible evidence that blood type has ANYTHING to do with the way foos is digested, used and stored.

If you want weight loss, eat less and exercise more.
Alas, that simple sentence won't sell books so we get one fad diet siller than the next in an unending cascade.

Last edited by Lenin; 03-01-2006 at 05:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #3
(female)

BeachLvr58 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad2
I know it seems that there are so many fad diets out there but I had a group of co workers go on this diet well lifestyle change and 2 out of 20 had great improvements in one month. Most lost an average of 7 to 10 pounds with out calorie restriction just body specfic foods and some of them had great health improvements as well. My husband and I are trying it now seeing as he has some allergies and acording to his blood type he is eating wrong. I was a low carber for a long time while I did lose weight my health declined . My blood type says I should be eating a different way the way that I do eat now and I have had great results. Mind you I am not trying to lose weight in fact keeping it on seems to be the problem now but I just want the health benefits. Has anyone else looked into this or had sucess? I know it is almost logical that if your body doesn't respond well one way eat another, mabie that is why some of us can be low carbers and some can't who knows, any opinions?
I tried this many years ago it did not work for me..Honestly the only thing that worked for me is cutting our bad carbs and excercise and 5-6 small meals a day. I dropped weight like crazy on this and I was consuming more calories than the previous eating plans I've tried..Lisa

Old 03-02-2006, 06:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Oh, I keep an eye on my blood type food list. I have found some of the information really helpful. Just call me a nutritional thrill-seeker. But seriously, I think we have a long way to go in understanding all the ins and outs of nutrition, and I think many of the so-called "fads" have some truth to offer. Dr. D'Adamo certainly doesn't have it all tied up, but, as I said, I have found much useful information in his book.

One thing his plan does for most blood types is to eliminate most of the major allergens (wheat, corn, dairy, etc.). (Of course, many of his critics say this is why some people feel better following his plan and it has nothing to do with blood type.) So this might be the case for your husband, too.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-03-2006 at 06:01 AM.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #5
(female)

stay2gether HB User

I tryed it once and had really bad results, just from the shock to my system from drastically changing my diet. But now I think the blood type diet is a big fad and a load of crap!!

Closed Thread