It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
(male)

ksaguy HB User
Apple CIder Vinegar - How to Drink and how to apply on face?

hi all.
I really need an answer.

i got American Garden's Apple Cider Vinegar that says "Natural Apple Cider" and '5% Acidity'

i got it after reading thousands of posts of forums about applying ACV on skin and drinking it.

so i got myself a cotton ball and put some ACV on my face directly. which was obviously a big mistake. it stung alot. i loked in the mirror after a couple of mins and saw my skin was kind of bubbling. i was horrified. litlle millions of tiny blisters.
i ran and washed my face and quicky applied Aloe Vera gel. within 30 mins, my skin was once again 80% normal with extra redness and few bumps.

Then, i made myself Grape Tang and added 1 tbs of ACV init. took one sip and it was like i was drinking Alcohol (i felt oit that way, i never have actually tasted alcohol)
So,
My questione are,

How should i apply ACV to my face and How to drink it. and how much to drink it.

and is 5% acidity normal?

Thank you veyr much. Please do reply.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
Re: Apple CIder Vinegar - How to Drink and how to apply on face?

I've never heard of applying it to your face but I know to drink it you dilute two teaspoons in a full glass of water...maybe that's how you put it on your face too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
(male)

ksaguy HB User

Thanks Mjewll for replying.

I see. so can you please confirm me if it's supposed to kind of sting a little when we drink it?

Because I put just 1 table spoon of ACV in a glass of water and it stung. I got scared that what if it BURNS my insides? Is that possible?

And yes, we can apply it to face. I have read it at many places.
I have another question if someone knows about it,

I diluted ACV (1 tbs) in a glass of water and applied it for like 15 mins then washed off, but not after 9 hours, I feel my skin is a little sensitive... is this normal? or should I just reduce the quantity of ACV?

Last edited by moderator4; 04-20-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

The original book about using apple cider Vinegar is -- Folk Medicine by D.C. Jarvis,MD published in1958. I think you can still buy copies It says use 2 teaspoons per 8 oz glass of water for sore throat and as a deodorant.

Bacteria that causes odor do live in an acid environment.
Never heard of applying it to the face--- What is it suppose to do??

Old 04-21-2006, 04:36 AM   #5
(male)

ksaguy HB User

Thank you very much... i really needed that information.
i added 2 teaspons instead of tablespoons to one glas water and it didnt sting at all. Thanks once again. i guess i will have to gradually increase the intake amount.

and i have heard and read many times that ACV makes a really good toner for face. as i no whave red marks left by acne which i want to lighten.
So ACV is supposed to lighten it.

and i guess i will do what mjewell suggested, i'll put the ACV on my face that i make for drinking. eg: 2 tsp per glass.
then i'll decide what intensity i require.
Thanks to both of you for replying.

if its not so much trouble, can you please tell me if filtered (i guess it is filtered) ACV like the one American Garden makes, any good? or only organic gives results? or are both if not equally but quite simillar?
Thanks.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm not 100% sure if organic vs. un-organic matters, but I bought the 100% organic kind just to be safe.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:09 AM   #7
(male)

ksaguy HB User

I see... wlel mine doesnt say Organic but 'Natural' so i guess it shouldnt be THAT bad after all. lol

I feel really great about ACV.
it curbs my appetite greatly. more importantly, i feel great about myself.

for me, applying it on face, even diluted in large some of water, was a trerrible mistake. it made my skin really scaly and dry and what not. i broke into pimples which i thought i had cured after 5 years of constant tries. i was finally completely clear for the first time since i was 12. but ACV ruined it... i just hope its a reaction not acne. lol

so thats kind of a warning to everyone.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yeah, I'm not sure I would use it on my face! I noticed it curbed my appetite too. I better start using it again!

Closed Thread