It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
(female)

elkechicago HB User
Wink Loose weight, keep it and stay healthy!

Hi everybody out there, are you sick of diets?

I'm 5.8 and my weight is 135 pounds (since 5 years!). My doctor says, that I'm very healthy and all the values are perfect. My husband is 6" tall and weighs 172 pounds, he's in great health. You should all look into this book by Rick Gallop and stop thinking about diets.

Diets just make you moody, tired and sick. If you don't want to spend tons of money for stupid diets, if you want to feel good, be healthy and don't want to starve, try this one. The GI lifestyle. 3 of my friends tried it and were successful. (I don't get any commission, I'm just a fan of the GI)

If you don't want to read the book, here are some tips how to loose weight. This Glycemic Index lifestyle doesn't allow sugar. Use Stevia instead - not Splenda! (that's bad for your kidneys). Forget diet sodas. Drink water with natural lemon juice. Don't eat white pasta, no white flour, only Basmati rice, no potatoes (you can have small potatoes but not to often). Eat only whole grain bread. Instead of butter use Soy Garden (it's really good). For cooking use cold pressed Olive oil. No red meat. Start cooking more fish, lean turkey, veal, lean chicken. If you love cheese, try goat cheese or soy cheeses. They're low in calories and you can get used to them. Use fruit spreads instead of sugared jams. For breakfast cook your own oatmeal, add some walnuts, cinnamon and applesauce. This is the best for your stomach, has lots of fiber and keeps you full until lunch. Store bought cereal contain a lot of hidden sugars or make you hungry after one hour. Eat lots of fruit except bananas and melons (high starch, glucose content!) vegetables and salads and walk the stairs instead of using the elevator. Walking through the mall helps too. So first step: Clean out your pantry and make a new shopping list and only buy the good stuff! Let me know how it works!
Good luck to you all! [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=42#[/url]

Last edited by elkechicago; 04-21-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread