It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
(male)

reymilton HB User
how many calories do i need to consume and burn

Hi everybody !!! Im new here and I need your help. How many calories do I need to eat a day? Im 22years old and weight 248 and I'm 5ft 7inch I do work out and do cardio Also, lift weights but im only loosing 1 lb a week and some times 1 lb in 2 weeks. I consume about 1000 calories a day but maybe I might be doing this the wrong way. Please help me my email is [email]REMOVED[/email]. Thank you!!
I dont know much about health tips but I know a lot about cars so maybe we can help each other.

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-26-2006 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
(female)

Tbrider216 HB User
Re: how many calories do i need to consume and burn

There are many websites out there that can help you calculate how many calories to consume....just google it. But you are deffinately eating too little, a 1,000 calories for anyone is too little and your a male which means you should be consuming more. Thats probably why your not loosing alot, once your body goes into starvation mode(which usually it does after you go under 1200 calories for most people) your bodies metabolism will slow down alot and it will try to conserve as much as possible. Your best bet is to begin to slowly start consuming more calories, that way you wont gain weight, so dont all of a sudden go and eat 2000 calories. To do that find out how many calories your body needs, then subtract 500 calories from that to lose weight. From there just base your meals off that number eating every 3 hours or so to increase your metabolism and you should be fine. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread