It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
(female)

mops41288 HB User
Question How "normal" people think

Hello, I'm a recovering anorexic and usually post on the eating disorder recovery boards but I was just wondering what "normal" people think about dieting. Like if your on any kind of diet and have one bad day where you dont exactly stay on track with your diet do you feel bad that you failed to stick w/ your diet? Do you dwell on the fact and beat yourself up or just start fresh the next day and get back on track? Or if you do feel bad about not staying with your diet how do you forgive yourself? Do you restrict more the next day or exercise more? And do you ever feel guilty about eating foods like pizza, sweets, fried foods, or other junk foods? Sorry if its a lot of questions... I was just wondering how people without an eating disorder thought about when it comes to diets. Thank you

Old 06-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
(female)

AppleCore HB User
Re: How "normal" people think

Hello,
Okay well this is how i am about my diet:
When i fail to stick with my diet, such as over eat at meals (which is usually the only problem i have) i do feel bad like extremely but i get over it... sometimes. lol. When I do mess up I sort of dwell on the fact but then I just go and exercise and set a higher goal of calories to burn for that day. About the junk food thing the only junk food i eat, on occasion, is pizza, and yeah i feel really guilty after eating it, but like i said: I just exercise more. lol. Well, I hope this gave you a little insight on how some people are with thier diets and good luck with recovering

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User

I only "diet" because I have to, and not because of a weight issue. Because I have so many food and environmental allergies, my diet is pretty strict in that I can't have junk like pizza, candy, chips, soda, ice cream, etc. I have to avoid a lot of healthy stuff too, but the junk is what I sometimes crave.

90% of the time I eat what I'm supposed to, yet unfortunately I still fall into the occasional binge trap where I just get fed up with missing out on so much good junk, and I totally go crazy for like 2-3 weeks! Yeah and that's when I get angry with myself because while a binge may feel good while I'm in the act of eating, the ***** will hit the fan soon after, and then I don't feel so good anymore. What irks me the most is that I know what happens to my body when I eat the things I'm not supposed to, yet I still insist on torturing myself? It makes me crazy, (and sick) and I certainly would rather have 1 slip-up day than 14 or 21!

In my opinion, go easy on yourself when you have one or two slip-ups. When it gets to be a week or more, then I'd start being concerned!

Best of luck in your recovery!

Old 06-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
(female)

kelbean25 HB User

heya,

im recovering from a ED too and im finding it hard to come to grips with all the food i should be eating - it seems like so much. Its proving really hard balancing my diet and coming to grips with what normal people eat. I generally think its kind of the same issue as yours, after thinking about food in the way someone that has had disorded eating does its hards to get back to be normal.

Closed Thread