It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User
Arrow eating for your blood type- worth it?

okay. here goes. anyone following this idea? care to share your experiences. anyone think its a load of bull and why? i find this intriguing, please tell me more.

alex.

Last edited by ratboy83; 06-23-2006 at 09:02 AM.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:04 PM   #2
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User
Re: eating for your blood type- worth it?

Completely BS.

there is absolutely zero Evidence that Blood type has any effect on what you eat.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2006, 04:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Eating for blood type is just another another way to peddle another diet book. There is no rationale behind it.

It's no different from dieting according to your hair, eye color, IQ, or the type of car you drive.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Lenin,

So does this mean that my diet has to be different now that my hair is gray instead of auburn, or does the use of hairdye mean that I can continue to eat as I did when I was younger?

--Rheanna

Old 06-25-2006, 05:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB User

I first heard of this theory regarding different blood types several years ago. I'm not really sure what to make of it. Although I haven't researched it, I remain somewhat skeptical. However, I did find it interesting that people with blood type O are more prone to developing ulcers, since they tend to have a higher level of the bacterium Helicobacter Pylori in their stomachs. I wonder why.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

ARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB User

Oh, while we're on the subject of blood types, does anyone know how common it is for all four members of an immediate family to have different blood types? This was the case in my family. My father is B+, my mother is AB-, my sister was B-, and I am A+. My father became a type II diabetic when he was 36, and my sister had allergies all her life.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

It's not extremely common (B and AB are much less common that A and O for starters), but it happens. I have heard of one family that has the entire range - A, B, O, and AB.

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-26-2006 at 10:31 PM. Reason: If you are the first person to reply to a post, please do not quote the post.

Old 06-26-2006, 07:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy83
okay. here goes. anyone following this idea? care to share your experiences. anyone think its a load of bull and why? i find this intriguing, please tell me more.

alex.
Some people swear by it. Personally, I think Dr. D'Adamo has SOMETHING, but I don't think he has it all pinned down by any means. (Then there are a couple of competing blood type theories floating around.)

The emphasis for all blood types is to eat fresh, natural foods, veggies, fruits, etc.; that many recommend. So it is not more expensive than following that recommendation that even mainstream sources tout. Any supplements are completely optional. Books on the subject are widely available for free or you can come up with an eating list on the web.

People with two groups of complaints tend to be the ones most often to claim relief from the plans - one is those with various GI track disorders; the other is those with joint pain/arthritis type symptoms.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:33 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheanna
Lenin,

So does this mean that my diet has to be different now that my hair is gray instead of auburn, or does the use of hairdye mean that I can continue to eat as I did when I was younger?

--Rheanna
that made me laugh.

alex.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:50 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

As long as one parent is AB, either A, B, or AB are possible in the kids.

My parents were 0 and AB, and I'm B+ and my sister is A+.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:55 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

As long as one parent is AB, either A, B, or AB are possible in the kids.

My parents were 0 and AB, and I'm B+ and my sister is A+.

ARIZAONA,
A possibility: since A and B are antibodies and O is their absence, I would imagine there are certain things that an 0-type person might get that A's and B's would be immune to.
Maybe H.pylorii is one?

(My dearest friend is type O and he got a WHOPPING case of H.pylorii and 2 ulcers. In long, close proximity, I remained negative.)

Old 06-27-2006, 07:30 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

I'm type- O so i'm supposed to eat meat and stay off grains which has always worked better for me although i'm not saying its because of this diet. Thats also the ''Paleo diet'' and an ''Atkins'' diet type etc... so who knows as i don't give any diet credit but just say its common sense for my body. Probably just ''Familia'' genetics.....

Old 06-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #13
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

All this Dr, Admamo has done is insted of coming up with his own "diet" he has decided to use Other Diets and just recommend one for each Blood Type.

From what I have read his Book is Full of Things that are just outright Wrong.

It actually makes me a bit ill that somebody is actually profiting off of such nonsense.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:23 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejbirdie
All this Dr, Admamo has done is insted of coming up with his own "diet" he has decided to use Other Diets and just recommend one for each Blood Type.
How did you decide this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejbirdie
From what I have read his Book is Full of Things that are just outright Wrong.
Could you name anything specifically?

Old 06-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #15
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Just look for some reviews on the diet. I cant post links.

But of the Reviews I have read he offers absolutely nothing to back up any of his Claims. He has basically Just stated his theory without anything to back it up.

I love this Comment by one reviewer:
"These theories are not supported by scientific literature and the research has not been confirmed anywhere. I am surprised that this diet has been published and people have purchased it. What's next, a Diet to Match Your Eye Color?"

Do a search for reviews on this diet and you will be very hard pressed to find anything positive.

Closed Thread