It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
(female)

mops41288 HB User
Question 3 questions on eating disorders

This should go in the eating disorder recovery board but sometimes it can be a little "triggering" there. Espically right now since Im having stong urges to restrict again. I guess since I started my eating disorder I've had this STRONG craving for bread, pasta, cheese, and crackers. But mostly bread has been the big thing, I want it ALL the time, espically when I was at my lowest weight which was 85 lbs at 5'3''. Im now roughly 95ish lbs (not really sure I try not to weigh myself) and still have the same strong cravings. Its like I cant get enough of it. I espically crave sandwhiches which is really strange for me. I know its quite common for people to crave crabs and starches or whatever but I never use to do that. Before my eating disorder I never really cared for any of these foods. They were just like any other foods. How do I curb these cravings and will they ever go away? Another question I have is that for the past month I go through this cycle where I restrict for 2-4 days usually n more then 600 cal then usually I give in and let myself eat whatever. Usually its on the most random foods like cheese slices, pickles, sausla, ham, fruit, sugar free pudding, cottage cheses and just bites of random things I have in the fridge. Nothing really that bad like chocolate or any real junk food. This is another thing I never use to do. Its like I just stand at the fridge and take bites of random things. Will that behavior ever go away? I guess it is a type of binge but I stop after Im full and its really just bites or small servings of food. My last question is that I havent had a period since this Jan. I know its because of my weight and theres no chance of pregnancy. Shouldnt it be comming back soon since Ive gained or will that take more time? Sorry this post is so long but thanks for reading

Last edited by mops41288; 08-02-2006 at 10:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User
Re: 3 questions on eating disorders

1. The reason you crave carbs is because you are still majorly undereating. Your body will crave carbs and sugary/sweet things because it is a quick source of energy, which your body is lacking.

2. These "binges" or random days of eating is again, because of your eating. 600 Cals is as much as you should eat for one meal, not the whole day. You say you're in recovery but yet you say you're eating 600 Cal/day and then "bingeing"...you should really talk to someone about getting proper health counselling and a MUCH better diet.

3. Your period is due to your weight. Pure and simple. You need to gain weight until your body has reached a healthy point and it will come back. Just like that.

Last edited by girlygirl11; 08-03-2006 at 07:27 AM.

Closed Thread