It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
(male)

Zebadee HB User
A pizza addict.... I've come so far... help me :(

I've started working at Dominos pizza and work on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. There is a major problem and that's that I can't stop eating the fatty and unhealthy pizza's at the end of my shift (normally 12 at night).

I've tried a load of things, such as taking sandwiches with me in case I get hungry to eat on them, eat a proper meal 20 mins before my shift so I'm not hungry, even gulp down water to try and stop my cravings. However none have work.

Fact is, I've come so far in losing weight and losing my stomach and need that final push to get the results I want to see. I fear I'm gaining weight again. I go into my shift thinking 'no pizza's tonight' but when the dehydration kicks in (I do drink lots of water though) and you smell the pizza's for 7 hours on end, see them being sliced etc you think 'stuff it, I'm eating one'.

I'm a pizza addict which doesn't help either, so I love pizza's. I run on the treadmill for 40 mins most days and go weight training at least 3 days a week for exercise which seems pointless if I eat fatty pizza's up to twice a week.

This is a major problem and I don't know what to do, any suggestions please?

Old 09-09-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: A pizza addict.... I've come so far... help me :(

Why not try an aversion therapy. Spend a couple days eating NOTHING but DOmino's pizza and water. Just keep shoving the stuff down your gullet while you work and when you are off shift ORDER a couple at home. Try to eat til you puke.
Sometimes this kind of thing makes us never want to taste the offending food again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

shelleyfosho HB User

I think part of the problem is that you are OBSESSING about whether or not you eat the pizza....you need to get your mind off it all together. I work in a diner surrounded with greasy, fatty, yet delicious foods so I understand your pain. I would suggest you bring a protein bar with you for the end of your shift and before you shove that pizza into your mouth, try the bar first. Since the protein helps with hunger and most bars now taste like candy, it might help you out as far as cravings go. As for what Lenin said, I'd have to agree, to a point....once I ate a chalupa from taco bell and got sick and have NEVER touched one again lol, then again you shouldn't eat until you puke.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
(male)

Zebadee HB User

Thing about wating pizza until I get tired of it is I don't want to put fat back on. I get worried about 2 pizza's a week let alone 2/3 a day

Old 09-10-2006, 02:38 AM   #5
(female)

Bev92 HB User

Why not quit your job and look for something more practical? I mean..why would you want to work in place that's full of it, when you know you really shouldn't have it? If it's really worth it to you, you should seriously find another job...

Old 09-10-2006, 02:45 AM   #6
(male)

davej24 HB User

Everytime you feel like eating pizza kick yourself in the ***, literally. In your mind you have to get rid of these cravings.

How bout chewing gum?

Old 09-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
(male)

Zebadee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev92
Why not quit your job and look for something more practical? I mean..why would you want to work in place that's full of it, when you know you really shouldn't have it? If it's really worth it to you, you should seriously find another job...
I go to college and don't have many free hours. I live in a small village and there's only like 2 shops and as this is 100 metres from my house, and they give me the right hours I want to stay

Old 09-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #8
(male)

Zebadee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davej24
Everytime you feel like eating pizza kick yourself in the ***, literally. In your mind you have to get rid of these cravings.

How bout chewing gum?
I have a pack of chewing gum, literally gum in my mouth throughout my shift

Closed Thread