It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 01:18 AM   #1
(male)

X-Fade HB User
eat a lot but don't gain weight?

I'm an 18-year old male 6'2" I weight about 180 pounds.

Let's just say that for years I've been taking advantage of the fact that I'll eat a rediculous amount of junk food(I can eat xlarge pizzas by myself) but hardly gain, if none at all, any weight. Any other normal person I know would blow up like a balloon if they ate as much as I did.
I rarely exercise.

What's the deal?

Old 12-12-2006, 01:40 AM   #2
(female)

CalistaBear HB User
Re: eat a lot but don't gain weight?

My sister is 22 and she's the exact same way. Every day she eats the entire kitchen and still stays at 90 lbs. I don't get it, where does it all go? Just letting you know you're not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
(male)

silvias13 HB User

you have a fast metabolism. a metabolism is how quickly your body burns fat. mine was like that too. it all caught up to me, but i recently lost it all. you should start eating healthier, because when it does catch up to you, you're not going to like it. eat 6 meals a day, healthy, proportioned meals. this will keep you full, and have alot of energy throughout the day, without sacrificing your health. and if you work out, youll start to see that food turn into lean muscle/mass. let me know if you need help or suggestions!

Old 12-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #4
(female)

blue_star HB User

fast metabolism.
You might also not eat as much as you think, ie 1 big meal a day is still not going to make u put on weight (usually)
Enjoy it, but realise that you are putting in place bad eating habits that you will find difficult to break when your metabolism slows (usually by 30) also you are not doing anything for your health by eating such huge amounts of fat and oil.
My brother is 6'2'' and 140lb, he eats unhealthily at times, and I have to tell him the same thing. 1 packet of chips all day is not good! Boys He's 24 btw.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User

My 14 yr old son is 6'2 and weighs 145 and eats nothing but junk. He refuses to eat the healthy meals I prepare for the family. I will not buy him junk food so he uses his allowance and money he makes mowing and doing yardwork around the neighborhood to buy his crap. What you need to understand, and so does he, is that although you do have a fast metabolism the junk you put into your body can stll cause problems even if it doesn't cause weight gain. You can develop cholesterol problems, diabetes and all the things that go along with these diseases such as heart disease. It's always better to eat healthy and often, every 3-4 hours have a small nutritious meal. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, whole grain foods, fish, skinless poultry and keep red meat to a minimum. Also switch to lowfat or fat free dairy. It might seem cool now to be able to eat whatever you want and stay slim but one day it will catch up with you in one way or another. It's never too early to learn healthy eating habits. I only wish my son would listen to my advice

Tori

Old 12-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

pantherwrestler HB User

You most likely have a fast metabolism.

Closed Thread