It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 02:21 AM   #1
(female)

sofia2007 HB User
How to maintain Balanced Diet?

hi,

Its very difficult for me to maintain a balanced diet. Tell some guidence for balancing the diet.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:23 AM   #2
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Re: How to maintain Balanced Diet?

Hi Sofia!

I'm new here, too.

I also have a hard time maintaining a balanced diet... as a matter of fact, I'm a chronic meal-skipper.

What kind of fresh veggies and fruits do you like? Think about that and stock up.
Do you take your lunch, or do you buy fast food?

I take mine everyday; therefore, I have to plan my lunch for the week and shop that way. I get whole-grain bread for my sandwich; I drink a 1-litre bottle of water; get fresh fruit (I love a grapefruit/orange mix; apples, pears, cherries, strawberries, plums, peaches--I could go on!)
If I decide to make a salad and take it for lunch, watch out!

It will contain: grilled chicken breast strips, lettuce, fresh spinach (I'm leary about that now days); fresh broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, carrots, green peppers and multi-grain, organic croutons.

I can eat that and pass out! That is a fantabulous meal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 02:13 AM   #3
(female)

sofia2007 HB User

Hi,

Itís really hard for me to maintain the balanced diet. Morning most of the time I wont take breakfast. But lunch I had regularly with nice greenish vegetables.
I like both fruits & vegetables I wonít omit these things. Weakly twice I had non-veg. Is there any problem for taking the non-veg?

it will affect the balanced diet?

Old 05-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
(male)

wilder060485 HB User

my two cents: a balanced diet begins with a balanced lifestyle.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rita HB User

Eating a balanced diet and maintaining it is just like any other activity. It has to become a habit if you are to continue with it and the only way anything becomes a habit is by repetition. No one can really do it for you or even help you much. This is something that YOU need to DO for yourself.
Start out by making a plan for a day, listing what you want to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. You must not skip ANY meal since you cannot have a balanced diet if you have unbalanced eating times. Breakfast is probably the most important meal of the day, in my opinion. If you skip it, you are not likely to restore balance with the remaining meals.
Eat what you like at any meal. There is no such thing as "breakfast food". Any food you enjoy can be consumed at any meal.
Make sure that you eat some protein, some complex carbs and a little fat at each meal. Which foods you choose to eat is totally up to you but control the portion size. This is the key factor in maintaining healthy weight (or losing weight if you need it).
Take a look at the Food Pyramid. Eat according to that guideline.
So, enjoy your veggies and or fruit at breakfast but add some cheese or eggs or tuna or chicken or sardines for your protein source. Or have whole grain bread with 1-2 tablespoon of peanut butter and a nice juicy apple, coffee with milk. Or, you can have soup and/or salad for breakfast. Who's to say you can't?
For lunch, you can eat from exactly the same list as for breakfast, if you like. Or, like the other poster, ,make yourself a veggie salad with some grilled chicken or tuna fish, hard boiled eggs (or egg whites), garbanzo beans, some feta cheese, etc.) Eat that with a whole grain pita bread.
Or you can have a big bowl of veggie soup, a pita bread filled with tuna, lettuce, tomatoes, drizzled with some olive oil/vinegar dressing.
You can enjoy the same foods at dinner.
So you see, you can eat basically the same type of food for any meal, just mix it up as much as you need for variety.
As long as your daily diet includes plenty of vegetables, some fruit, enough protein and complex carbs, you can mix and match all you want. And do not skip meals. You cannot make up to your body with the next meal what you deprived it with the missed meal. You will also be much more hungry and end up eating way too much and then feel gulity.
Start your habit today, with the next meal, don't put it off. The first step is the hardest but once you start, you will be on your way.

Last edited by rita; 05-05-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Closed Thread