It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Giving up all 'diet' products

I am giving up all diet products such as soda and the like. I am actually giving up soda almost entirely.

Diet products are bad for you, aren't they? I just am wondering and would like some advice or tips!

Thanks guys!

Old 03-05-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Giving up all 'diet' products

Llama,

THere are differences of opinion on whether using diet products (artificial sweeteners such as aspartame and cyclamate and such) is healthy or not. My personal preference is to use foods that are as "real" as possible. This means that I am not fanatic about everything being "bio", but I do try to use real foods with as little processing as possible. So for sweeteners I use small amounts of white or brown sugar or honey. I do not purchase any foods which are already sweetened with anything, real or artificial. This way I can control the amount of empty calories that I consume.

My feeling is that the body has enough to cope with, with all the artificial chemicals that we are surrounded with. I do not need to add more of them to the inside of my body.

Congratulations on cutting way down on your consumption of soda. There are lots of other things to try, that are not so ladened with artificial chemicals.

--Rheanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread