It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #1
(male)

heath212 HB User
Winnibol Muscle Building Supplement

I am trying to build muscle and put some weight back on after suffering through chemo treatment. I have been seing a lot of ads for a muscle building supplement called Winnibol. Has anyone ever used Winnibol or can you recommend any other muscle builders / weight gainers? The ingredients for Winnibol are listed below. Do you think it is worth a try? Thanks

Winnibol Dietary Supplement

Amount per Serving %DV
Iodine (from kelp) 150 mcg 100
Methandrozolol Proprietary Blend 900 mg*
*Daily Value Not Established

Ingredients: Methandrozolol Proprietary Blend contains: Alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine, Orchic (Bovine), Arginine Ethyl Ester HCL.

Other Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Croscarmellose Sodium, Steric Acid, Silica, And Magnesium Stearate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Winnibol Muscle Building Supplement

If you are deficient in iodine, supplements might help, but you can probably get those a lot cheaper.

The first ingredient, alpha-GCP, is some nifty new nutrient that is claimed to improve brain function and learning. (the jury is still out.)

Bovine orchic is bull testicles, which probably contain a lot of testosterone. I'm not sure how much you'd absorb from eating them, but it sounds like a poor idea. Either it's useless or dangerous, not sure which.

You might do better with a regular protein powder, you can make shakes in a blender (I like the chocolate flavor powder with milk an a little peanut butter and maybe some fruit if I have it.) or just add it to soft foods to make them more nourishing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

ntbd HB User
Re: Winnibol Muscle Building Supplement

sounds like they're trying to evince an association with two anabolic steriods: Winstrol and Dianabol

If "bovine orchic" worked, you probably couldn't find any because teen boys (say from 12 to 27) would have snapped up the entire worlds' supply.

I have see arginine being advertised for use in cachexia, along with glutamine.

As mentioned, you can get any/all of that cheaper -especially arginine & glutamine powders

Closed Thread