It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
(female)

chick4u HB User
Question about nutrition bars.

Ok so Im a hairstylist at the mall..and i always go to the food court and ive been going to subway but i think the bread is bloating me ik not good with alot of carbs lol..so last night at walmart I bought some meal bars to eat at work so i wouldn't haft to go to the food court...do you guys think this will help get rid of some weight gain issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
(female)

ljenner831 HB User
Re: Question about nutrition bars.

It's worth a try. If you are going to eat a nutrition bar for a meal, add a piece of fruit as well.
Also, make sure the nutrition bars you buy are low in sugar and higher in protein. Some of those so called nutrion bars are not much healhtier than candy bars. Read the labels

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

it should however most wt is how much we eat

Old 08-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I love nutrition bars! I agree that it's a good idea to read the labels. I don't really eat Slim Fast bars because they didn't have that many vitamins in them and weren't as good for you as the others. If carbs bother you, try a lower carb, low-glycemic bar. I realy like Balance bars. For something filling, I go for the Protein Power Bars (they are higher in calories and are more filling). I also like Pure Protein bars. You will have to try them and see which flavors you like best because there are SO many!

Some good snack bars that are natural without a bunch of additives are Larabars. They only have a few ingredients and I enjoy them, but they are more for a snack since they are smaller. I didn't care for a few of the flavors, but I really like the cashew cookie one.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
(female)

BlueBee08 HB User

The power bars are sure filling. I can't even finish a whole one. Feels like I'm trying to eat a brownie without milk half way thru they bar. :-p If you want some quick and cheap ideas to eat less and even save some cash... oatmeal is good, wheat toast with peanut butter, even apples and bananas can be filling.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Oh yeah when I used to eat chocolate, I definitely recommend having something to drink with those chocolate powerbars! They can be very rich, and therefore filling. I recently tried Kashi's Go Lean oatmeal cookie nutrition bar and thought it was pretty good and was definitely filling. They have lots of protein and fiber to keep you feeling good and tasted good.

Closed Thread