It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
(male)

wjs1 HB User
Question Acai berry and Colon Cleanse?

Are those safe to take? I've read they come in easy to take pill form, and the combination helps to suppress appetite, lose some weight, and flush out waste and toxins.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Acai berry and Colon Cleanse?

Colon cleansing is typically done with prescription stuff under doctor supervision as preparation for colonoscopy (looking for colon cancer and precancerous polyps). It is widely considered the most unpleasant aspect of colonoscopy. You may be able to find more information on the colon cancer forum.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
(female)

Katundra HB User

I tried acai berry. I am very disappointed with the results. I lost a bit.The best way to clean your colon is
1.use lots of raw fruit and vegetables on breakfast and dinner.
2.Do not eat junk food such as McDonald.
3. Drinks pleanty of water
If you still desperate to loose some weight, use Lipro pills I am not sure how it works, but I lost 30lb and I keep result by doing some daily exercises and the rules above.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
(male)

titan38 HB User

They are safe to take.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
(male)

Beegel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs1 View Post
Are those safe to take? I've read they come in easy to take pill form, and the combination helps to suppress appetite, lose some weight, and flush out waste and toxins.

I honestly don't understand why Acai and Colon cleansing are used together.

Sure, acai has nutritional benefits, but you can get the same benefits from eating most other berries. Acai is probably higher in antioxidants when in its raw state, but does it still have the same nutritional benefits after you break it down and make it into a pill? Probably not... at least not as much as eating locally-grown, fresh blueberries.

If you are interested in colon cleansing, I would just suggest you eat alot of high-fiber foods. They will give you the same benefits, without ingesting ridiculous fiber shakes and/or laxative teas. If you want to spend a bunch of money on a colon cleansing product, then make sure you do the proper research, because there are alot of products out there that use low-quality herbs and shady marketing tactics.

<edited>

Frankly, I'd just stay away from all of the products and 'cleanses'. Either way.. Good luck!

I like to grow my own food.

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-02-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs1 View Post
What are the ingredients in the colon cleanse? Are you getting something that you can't get from eating healthy food? I kind of doubt it but I'd be interested to know.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:24 AM   #7
(female)

criterium HB User

I never used acai for colon cleanse...I use it to be more energetic and active and at same time helps me to lose some weight and toxins.
I answer to another girl at the forum: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=4127955#post4127955 Perhaps it can help you, I do not know.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
(female)

Arggg HB UserArggg HB UserArggg HB User

Cleanse your colon by eating fibrous foods, like raw vegetables and fruits. Take acidophilus supplements (the bacteria found in yogurt), or eat plain, organic yogurt like Nancy's brand. That's really all you need to do for your colon!!

Acai berries are over-hyped. They're just berries. They have anti-oxidants in them, but so do most fruits and vegetables. They have protein in them, but not complete protein. You don't need them at all.

Closed Thread