It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

Shayiamat HB User
Ive been drinking only liquids for the last 4 days

I havent eat in 4 days but i make sure i drink 3 to 4 cups of water or heathy jucie a day ive lost 6 pounds in 4 days and im havent been tired i feel better then i did when i ate plus my body has formed a nice mucler stomach is not eating wrong

Last edited by Shayiamat; 10-09-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Ive been only drinking liqs for the last 4 days

Just be careful that you are getting enough calories! If you are getting way under enough calories, your metabolism will slow down. This means yes, you will lose weight, but when you start eating again, you will just gain it all back since your metabolism will have slowed down. You might be getting enough depending on your drinks. I know a person who is unable to eat solids due to severe mouth pain, and they are able to drink protein shakes to still get enough nutrients. I have used protein shakes before to make it easy to control my calories and nutrients. With any liquid diets or fasting, you WILL lose weight very quickly at first because your body loses water weight. This is usually most noticeable in the stomach.

What kind of "healthy juices" are you having? I have heard of those "green juices" you can make with various fruits and vegetables. Is this what you mean? I stay away from regular fruit juice, because most has a lot of sugar in it. I'd rather eat a piece of fruit without any additives that would be in the juice. A diet high in sugar and carbs, but low in protein, will eventually lead to excess belly fat, so I try to avoid too many of those.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
(male)

titan38 HB User

Yes. You are losing muscle. You need to eat protein everyday or you will lose muscle. Often, there is a difference between eating for fitness and eating for health.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Titan38 is right. I know a fair amount of people who may not weigh much, but they actually have a high body fat percentage because they aren't staying healthy the right way. They hardly have lean muscle and even though they are small, they still have a lot of fat. This is why it's so important to eat right and get exercise. For example, a person can eat a strict diet of 1200 calories and lose weight, but if they are eating all carbs and sweets, that isn't good for their health. A good diet needs to be well balanced and reasonable for the long run!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

A sensible eating plan which is healthy and portion controlled with some daily exercise thrown in is the best way.

Not eating for 4 days and simply drinking water and juices (not sure what type of juices you mean) will really throw your body into confusion and have your metabolic rate slowing down as it thinks you are starving yourself. Not only is it bad for your metabolic rate, but for your adrenals, thyroid, hormones, iron stores and other nutrients you require daily.

Going off and on these forms of dieting does cause havoc for your metabolic rate and sometimes it simply says "enough" and packs it in, making it impossible to ever recover again. You should be extremely careful in how you go about losing weight.

As others have said, protein is a must, especially first thing in the morning as that will give your metabolic rate a kick start and help you burn fat fast throughout the day. You can do this by eating a high protein food or buying some isolated whey protein powder, but get it as pure as you can. A lot of those protein powders have all kinds of additives and sugars. The pure ones might cost more, but are healthier and wont lead you stacking on more pounds as the ones higher in sugar can do.

If you have seriously tried everything possible to lose weight and still can't then you need to look at why. Often it can be your hormones, thyroid, adrenal insufficiency, problems with your insulin and possibly other things too.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:54 AM   #6
(female)

littleshelly HB User
Re: Ive been drinking only liquids for the last 4 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayiamat View Post
I haven't eat in 4 days but i make sure i drink 3 to 4 cups of water or healthy jucie a day ive lost 6 pounds in 4 days and im haven't been tired i feel better then i did when i ate plus my body has formed a nice mucler stomach is not eating wrong
What do you mean is not eating wrong? You must know it is. Of course you are loosing weight. You are starving yourself. As soon as you start eating again you will gain the weight back. The only answer to successful weight loss is controlling your calorie intake and exercise. It is a lifestyle change. Clean/balanced eating. You are not doing yourself any favors "not eating" You are totally screwing up your metabolism and blood sugar.
You want to choose healthy foods, complex carbs, whole grains, low-fat dairy, meat protein, fresh fruits and vegetables.
Avoid diet foods, fat free and sugar free foods, artificial foods, highly processed foods, trans-fats, fast foods.
Get 30-60 minutes of exercise 5-6 days a week. Include strength training/weight lifting 3 days a week. Not consecutive days.
Don't drink your calories, drink plenty of water. Figure out how many calories you need a day for your body and stay within that range. That is the only long term answer to healthy weight loss.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
(male)

TheNewNumber2 HB User

You've only lost 6 pounds of water weight. It's not physically possible to lose 6 pounds from now eating for a few days. My dinner each night alone, for 30 days, only puts about four pounds on me each month.

It takes a lot of legitimate effort and exercise to LOSE weight. And better eatng habbits to keep it off. You'll regain those 6 pounds.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User

You have to be carry when you are not eating because your body is missing out on nutrients. I have been on a liquid diet before and was not tired. I don't think I could endure a water fast.

Closed Thread