It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Yum! Fizzy green tea drink!

I recently purchased Zenergize, which is a sparkling raspberry green tea beverage! It comes in a little box with 10 tablets, which you can add to a water bottle or glass of water. So far I think it's really neat. I love diet sodas, but I try to not drink a lot of them since they aren't great for you. I do like green tea, but I CRAVE the fizziness and carbonation of soda. I don't care for plain sparkling water, only the flavored kinds. This product contains no artificial flavors, colors, or ingredients, so I figured why not give it a try? The tablets are made with green tea extract, caffeine, stevia leaf extract (I know there are mixed reviews about this product), and chromium, plus vitamin C. It reminds me of a flavored sprite with a slight green tea taste. Oh yeah, only 2 calories! It was $6.99, so more than other drink flavors you would add to water, but it was cheaper than having to buy 10 bottles of individual beverages for sure. Plus, it's fizzy, so it's unique.

I love how green tea makes me feel. I know many green tea products (including this one) advertise weight loss and metabolism boost, but I do it more for the energy boost and to get rid of excess water weight from bloating.

I just wanted to share that this product seems kind of neat. It seems like a good alternative to sodas for me since I struggle with giving up sodas! Have any of you tried any similar drinks? I know Lipton or Nestea (I forget which!) makes a sparkling diet green tea, but I don't know if this one has artificial ingredients and flavors in it. This one tastes good and seems like a healthier choice than soda, makes me feel great, and I have to admit I like the pink color The only downside is that you have to wait for the tablet to dissolve, but it dissolves pretty quickly. I didn't even realize it was a fizzy beverage when purchasing it, so it was a pleasant surprise!

I've also seen ZipFizz energy drinks... have any of you tried these? They are packets that you add to water as well as little energy shots. I'll admit that I do love diet energy drinks (Lo Carb Monster and Zero Carb Rockstar are my favorite), but I've love to swap them for something a little more natural and better for me! I eat good foods and drink mostly water, but I do notice that I sometimes feel a little energy crash from sodas, even if they are sugar-free.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

yoda1257 HB User
Re: Yum! Fizzy green tea drink!

That is interesting.

I'm like you. I love the carbonation and the little zing I get from regular soda. I personally prefer just a little Coke (about 4oz/day) - Know it is not a good choice, even in small amounts. High fructose corn syrup, empty calories, etc. but I can't stand diet soda.

I found a sparkling green tea I loved as well, but it was taken off the market, so obviously not enough others loved it. Anyway it was made by the Coca cola company called "Envinga." They did use Splenda to sweeten it. I loved the "plain one" without fruit flavor and was so excited to find an alternative to diet soda. They also offered a "berry flavor", which I never liked, but was more popular.

Lately I use 1/2 Coke zero with 1/2 sparkling water, which is OK.Anyone else find any green tea or other zero sugar "fizzy" drinks they like?

Old 10-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Yum! Fizzy green tea drink!

Yum, I liked those Enviga drinks too! I'd say this tastes pretty similar to that, but in a different form and you use your own water. It's probably a tad less carbonated, but still pretty good.

I've never tried mixing down the soda like you said, but I'd imagine that would work well with lemon-lime type sodas too. Oddly enough, I prefer diet sodas over regular and actually don't care for regular sodas at all. I really love diet dr. pepper but I prefer the generic brand at my grocery store (and hey, I save money too!). I have to admit that sometimes I do just crave a diet soda and go for that instead of a sparkling green tea... there just isn't a replacement when you are craving cola!

I believe Diet Lipton makes a sparkling green tea, but I don't see this sold everywhere. I tried it recently from a gas station market and it was very good. I got a berry green tea flavor. I'd definitely purchase it again in the future and recommend it as an alternative since Enviga isn't around! I'm sure those tablet ones I bought aren't sold everywhere and may be difficult to find. I hate when Coca Cola (or other companies) discontinue my favorite products. I loved Tab Energy drink and was SO bummed when they stopped making it.

Closed Thread