It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
(male)

jonsykes HB User
What is nutritional stress?

Hi,
I'm trying to understand this idea. Can anyone help me with this? I mean, I understand that eating unhealthy things are bad for our bodies, but what does stress have to do with it?
Thanks!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: What is nutritional stress?

Hi there, do you mean how stress can cause us to make unhealthy food choices, or that unhealthy foods put stress on our bodies? It can go either way, and they do go hand in hand since it can be a continuous process!

Often times, when stressed, we go for "comfort foods." For some people, these are sweet treats, other may crave carbs, everyone is different. Often times, these foods have simple sugars that give us a quick burst of energy, which is often what we want if we are tired/stressed. Unfortunately they usually aren't the healthiest choices and won't give our bodies the lasting energy we truly want. I find that when eating too many simple carbs and sugars, I usually feel fine at first, but then my energy level drops afterwards. I feel the energy crash for sure when my blood sugar spikes and then drops. I also find that I'm usually not satisfied with a small serving and end up wanting to eat more since I don't feel as full.

Does this help answer your question somewhat? Let me know if you meant something else!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
(male)

jonsykes HB User

thanks for your post. I heard that nutritional stress can have the same effect as emotional stress...that our bodies can't tell the difference. Just looking for more information on this topic.
thanks

Old 11-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

almonkey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsykes View Post
thanks for your post. I heard that nutritional stress can have the same effect as emotional stress...that our bodies can't tell the difference. Just looking for more information on this topic.
thanks
Stress is poison to your body. Its a toxin. It can come from physical, emotional, and nutritional things. Our bodies are amazing complex units that when we give them the best and moderation, can amaze us.

Think of nutritional stress as anything that is over and above moderation and variety. There are vitamins, minerals, and nutrients needed in our bodies. Because many of them only work in a synergy with others, nutritional stress like limiting your intake to only carbs, only protein, only liquid, etc can in turn cause weight gain, weight loss, inability to fight disease etc.

Our bodies were made to move. Our bodies were made to eat a variety of nuts, berries, veggies, lean meats etc and we were active. Nowadays everyone is stationary, sedentary, and eating out of a box. This is where nutritional stress comes from. Moderation and variety of healthy foods is what is needed to avoid nutritional stress. Nutritional stress can wreak havoc on your liver (the detoxer), your kidneys, your stomach and intestines etc. Go back to the basics and healthy moderation. Raw/steamed fruits & veggies, lean meats and variety with smaller portions more often and with a side of exercise fends off nutritional stress, emotional stress and will give anyone a better overall well being.

Closed Thread