It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Daughter's stomach hurting- Food related?

Hello all....Hoping someone can help me. My daughter, 11, has been complaining of stomach problems..."hurting" as she says. In attempting to get her to be more specific, she says it's not an upset stomach or any type of nausea, but rather "hurting." Not shooting pain or anything like that.

We have wondered if maybe some type of elimination diet would work? We suspect maybe a milk or dairy allergy. Does anyone know if this sounds familiar?

She's also complained of female issues at times...itching and soreness. Not sure if it's related or not. Wondering if maybe all of this is her body changing? We taken her to the Dr several times to test for urine infections, yeast, and etc. and with the exception of one urinary tract infection, they've all come back negative. Soaking in the tub seems to help.

Does this sound like it could be food related? If so, what process would you recommend to narrow it down? If anyone has any suggestions, I would be appreciative.

Regards,

Ex

Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Daughter's stomach hurting- Food related?

This is not an uncommon complaint among young children. About half of all the complaints are due to constipation (and gas) or incomplete elimination. You said you have taken her to a doctor to be tested but did you take her to a gastroenterologist?

Before going to more doctors, you might try getting more whole-fiber-foods in her diet and eliminate processed foods, especially anything made with white flour and sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

BREAKFAST: For good health she needs whole grains (like oatmeal) with nothing else added. Then you can add whole fresh fruit and a small amount of chopped nuts. (The worst idea would be fried eggs and bacon with two slices of white bread toast.) To add protein, try two egg whites from hard boiled eggs.

LUNCH: More whole-fiber-foods like vegetables, fruit and whole grain.

DINNER: Same as above.

Try to avoid extreems like laxatives or 100% bran cereal. Those are just more processed items that you would be better off without. All you really need is "normal" whole food.

If it turns out that her pain is not due to constipation or incomplete elimination, well, an improved diet won't hurt anything. It can only help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread