It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

>sonia< HB User
Diet tips? Please!

Hello everyone,
Im 20 year old girl and I am 5'5. I weigh 10 and half stone, which i think is round 78 kg? Not too sure. But I am pretty evenly proportioned. But I would like to tone up a bit around the lower abs and perhaps lose a few pounds.

Im trying to watch what I eat, my metabilism is normal. I drink 2 litres of water a day.

I exercise twice a week with video exercises ( tummy crunches, boxercise, warmups ) etc

I seem to be gaining weight rather than losing it and I always feel bloated the whole time. (water retention yet I drink lots of water)

Please reply.

Thanks

Old 01-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
(male)

boscodcosta HB User
Re: Diet tips? Please!

Daily routine exercise will help you in loosing weight and drinking lots of water will be really helpfull can easily improve digestion as well as good for healthy posture.Make sure you must take healthy and good supplements.Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

sonia,

It must be your diet that's causing you to gain. Why don't you list what you usually eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then we might suggest some changes. Don't forget to include portion sizes.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Is it possible that you are eating foods high in sodium? This could definitely cause you to hold extra water weight. What helped for me was cutting back on the salt and cutting out more processed foods. I know I don't eat a perfect diet and I still eat some processed things, but I eat it considerably less than I used to. I used to eat a lot of those frozen "diet meals" and I don't eat those anymore. I enjoy my meals more too! Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, as well as lean protein.

Have you changed your eating habits since working out? If your workouts are a new routine, that can also be a cause of temporary weight gain. If your muscles are sore from a new routine, the tears in muscle can fill with fluids as they heal, and thus, you gain weight for a little while. I notice this happened to me when I first started running a lot... and again it happened when I started a new workout program that I am currently doing. It's been a week and a half and I don't think I've lost weight yet. I'm back to my usual weight, but I know I gained a couple of pounds at first (and was very sore!).

Closed Thread