It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

chrissyc7 HB User
sugar cravings

after years of bad eating habits,im finally on a diet and have been since saturday. i feel really weak,sleepy emotional and have been very snappy. im craving sugar really badly and i think its that that is making me feel this way.
will this pass soon and is there anything i can do to stop myself falling apart completly while i get used to less sugar in my diet

Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: sugar cravings

chrissyc7,

In my opinion, you should try to not give in to your craving for processed carbs like granulated sugar, corn syrup and any other forms of processed sweets. Not even artificial sweeteners as they will only serve to remind you of your liking for the real stuff. There are pathways in the brain that will get reinforced every time you indulge. So you will only make things worse by indulging.

Will this pass? YES! It definiely will pass as time passes. If you fight it, you'll see that it gets easier and easier. It does get easier even though there will be good days and bad days in the first few weeks.

The worst temptations will come when you're hungry and unprepared, like when you're out shopping or visiting friends. So plan ahead to have some healthy snacks available. Do your shopping after eating and stick to your list of healthy foods. Tell your friends ahead of time that you're on a diet and not eating certain food items.

Try having a piece of sweet fruit instead.

Good luck!

Last edited by JohnR41; 01-27-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: sugar cravings

I used to feel that way too, but believe it or not, I hardly ever crave sweets anymore! When I do want something sweet, I go for fruit. I absolutely love to eat pink lady apples, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. When they are in season, I love to eat peaches. Fruit helps me get the sweetness I crave without blowing my diet! I notice that after I cut out junk food for some time, if I do eat it later on, I feel really tired. I can tell that it just isn't good for me based on how I feel, so it motivates me to keep up with the healthy eating!

Closed Thread