It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

FLsWomen HB User
non-intentional weight loss- help!

I have been having some health problems for a while now. I have a prolcatin imbalance caused by the pituitary gland which gives me many unpleasant symtoms and causes me to be infertile and lose my period. I have been taking a medicine called Parlodel is help the imbalance but it isnt working and I have been losing a lot of weight. I was 140lbs 3 months ago, I got weighed at the doctors (and I doubled checked on my scale at home) last week and I am now 114lbs. 26lbs in 3 months without trying.

This is the problem. I have completely lost my appitate. I have no idea why. Food I loved, I have no interest in. When I think I'm hungry, I will make food, eat one bite, then have no interest and throw it out. I try so hard to FORCE myself to eat but then I feel sick. When I do eat, I can only eat a very small amount before I feel very full.

I am going to start writing down everything I eat. I know that I cannot get all my needed calories thorugh food because I simply cannot eat enough. Is there any other way, besides those gross ensure drinks, that I can get calories? I am not paniced right now because my weight isnt dangerous. I'm
5'5 and very small structered. I was actually overweight when I started losing weight, my ideal is around 120, I feel healthy and look good/healthy at this weight.

Although my current weight (114) is not dangerous, the rapid weight loss IS scaring me because I cannot lose another 26lbs in 3 months, THEN i would be in danger. Any advice? And can anyone tell me why I might have completely lost the desire to eat?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: non-intentional weight loss- help!

If the medicine you're taking isn't working, ask your doctor if you can stop taking it. If you stop, it's likely that you will be able to gain back some of the weight.

Closed Thread