It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

BigFatso HB User
Question Binge Eatting(non-purging type)

I have a question.
What do I do?
I can't sop overeating. I eat and eat and eat to the point of being overly full, stomach aches and lethargy.
Eat until cupboards are empty. Always buying more food. Shop at a Discount Grocery Store and still spend an average of $600 a month on food. I'll overdraw on my checking account just to get stuff to overeat on. My food issue is serious. Drinking water when I feel hugry, chewing gum and brushing my teeth after meals hasn't helped. I just keep gaining weight and the more weight I gain the worse I feel and the more I want to give up trying to exercise, because I just consume more calories than I exspend. It was suggested I go to OA meetings, however don't have a car and walk everywhere and the closest OA meeting is 10 miles away. at seven at night. There's no way I'm walking that far at night. I have no friends to take me because for the past seven years I've resisted human contact and food has become my only friend. My food issues have become a financial issue and all the weight I've been gaining is an emotional one.
How do I move forward? How do I get past my food issues?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Binge Eatting(non-purging type)

Unfortunately you have an eating disorder/addiction and until you find out why you will find no relief. You either need to get to a meeting or to a mental health facility for an evaluation/help. You have explained why you can't get help so now you need to stop finding reasons why you can't get help. If you can't pack up and move closer to an area that is more convenient to walk the distance to places then you get yourself a bicycle and peddle for help. And that 10 miles will certainly help burn off some calories. Addictions are a condition that only you can get yourself out of and it is also a condition that you can't afford to do nothing. I am so sorry that you have to struggle with this and I can only hope you can find it in your heart to push yourself to find an answer...because you are so worth it. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Binge Eatting(non-purging type)

I agree that seeing someone to talk to about this would be BEST. It will be very hard to treat it on its own, especially since you have already tried different things that didn't work for you. Talking to a counselor can help you find the root of the problem and how to battle it. I like the idea of looking into a bicycle to ride over to the meetings. Biking is much faster than walking, and you can get some pretty inexpensive bicycles. Or how about a bus? I wonder if there are any other places nearby that may work for you besides the place you mentioned. Definitely try to figure out a good way you can make it to talk to a counselor about this... it will be so good for you to get out and work on the bad habits! You can do it!!

Closed Thread