It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

Abi Marcos HB User
Squash and food combinations

In my quest for the ideal diet I have learned that it is best to separate my fruits and vegetables. It is best to eat a fruit meal or a vegetable meal. I have also read that squash is best eaten as a vegetable. Can anyone tell me why? This has puzzled me for years because squash is a true fruit.
Thanx!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: Squash and food combinations

I'll be curious if anyone has an answer. In the U.S., many of the foods we consider vegetables are actually fruits - for example, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, to name a few.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
(male)

jonas123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi Marcos View Post
In my quest for the ideal diet I have learned that it is best to separate my fruits and vegetables. It is best to eat a fruit meal or a vegetable meal. I have also read that squash is best eaten as a vegetable. Can anyone tell me why? This has puzzled me for years because squash is a true fruit.
Thanx!
Just go by a rule of thumb: the more toxic a food is, the worse it is for your physical body; the less toxic a food is, the better it is for your physical body.

In my opinion, here are some things that people can ingest that are toxic on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least toxic:

Water: 1
Dark green vegetables/lemons: 2
Beans (by themselves and non-processed)/potatoes/oranges: 3
Nuts and seeds: 4
Bananas/cantaloupe/apples/pears: 5
Oat bran/oatmeal/avocadoes/olive oil: 6
Dairy products/meats: 7
Refined sugar: 8
Artificial sweetners: 9
Drugs/alcohol: 10

I have based these ratings on experimentation of diet and listening to my own body. I am a master of biofeedback, or the act of listening to my body. Of couse though, if you want a more detailed and accurate example, I would have to spend more time on it.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

So, jonas, you are saying that there is no food at all that is non-toxic? There is something that does not make sense about that.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:53 AM   #5
(male)

jonas123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjudyg View Post
So, jonas, you are saying that there is no food at all that is non-toxic? There is something that does not make sense about that.
Wow, you just love to challenge and contradict me, don't you? EVERYTHING here on earth is toxic to a degree. Water can also be toxic as well, just not AS toxic as everything else. Ever hear of water intoxification?

I will not back down and withdraw as you are trying to get me to do.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
(female)

ACurious1 HB User

Perhaps it is because a squash is rather starchy, whereas most of the commonly known fruits tend to be acidic.

Closed Thread