It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

model1979 HB User
Need help!!!

ugh...so yesterday i had such a binge day! i had way too much PB (about 3 tablespoons which is normally fine had I not pigged out after) along with some dried fruit. THEN, since i was so low on glucose, i was craving cake. i went to TJs, bought the vanilla cake mix, ate too much batter, half a cupcake (no frosting) then decided to go to the gym and do lite HIIT for 20 minutes. I had a lite lunch then 6 pieces salmon sashimi for dinner with mayo (hot mayo meant for sushi) and some almonds, few bites of frozen yogurt low carb. I thought i would have been eating lighter, only to find out, i ate the same calorie wise.

question is, did i totally screw up my body from this one day? did working out even do anything post food consumption?
im a model and worked so very hard to lose all this weight. i did this last month with no issues. perhaps it was the heat that made me crave this junk!!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User
Re: Need help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by model1979 View Post
ugh...so yesterday i had such a binge day! i had way too much PB (about 3 tablespoons which is normally fine had I not pigged out after) along with some dried fruit. THEN, since i was so low on glucose, i was craving cake. i went to TJs, bought the vanilla cake mix, ate too much batter, half a cupcake (no frosting) then decided to go to the gym and do lite HIIT for 20 minutes. I had a lite lunch then 6 pieces salmon sashimi for dinner with mayo (hot mayo meant for sushi) and some almonds, few bites of frozen yogurt low carb. I thought i would have been eating lighter, only to find out, i ate the same calorie wise.

question is, did i totally screw up my body from this one day? did working out even do anything post food consumption?
im a model and worked so very hard to lose all this weight. i did this last month with no issues. perhaps it was the heat that made me crave this junk!!!!
First - how do know when you are low on glucose? Do you measure for some reason periodically? Are you hypo-hyper glycemic? Other issues that require monitoring?

Could you be having issues with PMS that is causing the craving for high carb/sugar items? Allergies? Candida infections?
Have you spoken to your doctor about your concerns? Have you thought about getting a nutritionist?

As for working out post binge, I sure hope burning calories off helps in that respect. But don't use exercise as a cure for a binge! Exercise INSTEAD of binging. Just my opinon.

Give yourself a good three full days of veggies, salads w/lean meats and water. Try eliminating sugar and white breads/rice/etc TOTALLY during these three days after.
I know I have to go down to seriously low levels of calories after a day of fun with foods. Seriously low. I looked into the Calorie Restricted Diets on the **** for information. Doctors claim restricting calories help with living longer! But you must be sure to get all the right nutrients in the diet or bam you are back to square one.
Also could it be comfort foods you crave? Perhaps someone to talk to during stressful times could help!

Good luck to you --

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
(female)

lulu23 HB Userlulu23 HB User
Re: please give advice ;) stressing here. :(

Craving sugar and carbs is a sign of not eating enough protein. Make sure you are eating enough protein at every meal and keep a healthy, high protein snack in case you get hungry. Also, if you do crave carbs, look to eat complex carbohydrates like quinoa, brown rice, oats, etc..

Closed Thread