It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

Forensicmom HB User
Skinny kids and overweight husband

I try so hard to find healthy dinners that will be good for my husband since he's trying to lose weight but something that will be satisfying for my 4 average to underweight kids. I'm in the middle too because I'm on the low end of the scale but I have stomach issues so I need low fat, non spicy dishes as well.

How do you find kid friendly meals that are good for dieting but won't make my kids lose weight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Skinny kids and overweight husband

Perhaps give the children more healthy high calorie foods like nuts and nut butters, avocados, dried whole fruit, and fatty fish (the kinds that are not heavily contaminated with mercury and such) while putting less of those foods on your husband's plate (fill the empty spaces on his plate with extra low calorie vegetables).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

It isn't your problem that your husband is overweight. Just concentrate on the kids and your own issues. Your husband knows what he weighs and he knows what he needs to do if he wants to. Just keep the kids healthy and happy. Good luck.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Forensicmom,

Some kids are just naturally thin so I wouldn't worry about it too much. They can have peanut butter etc. if they feel like it but don't push it too hard because: They can end up being obese as adults. Yeah, I've seen it happen in my own family. Someone can even be thin up to age 25 and then slowly gain weight to become obese. Why? Possibly due to habits carried over from childhood. So my advice is to just teach good healthy eating habits and don't try too hard to fatten them up.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
(female)

shairawilliams HB User

Yeah I agree with JohnR41

My nephew is skinny as well but he is definitely healthy. So just keep preparing healthy foods for the family.

Closed Thread