It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

model1979 HB User
Discussions on "best" diets?

weight loss is 90% diet. u will need to cut out all processed foods, limit sugars and salts and all carbs including fruit and yogurt.. eat tons of MUFAs and lean meats. i also train every single day. i never ever take a day off from the gym. try doing HIIT instead of boring, slow cardio.
This all worked for me. i lost 70 pounds and now i am a hot model! it took me years to get my body just where i want it., you can do it BUT it will take some work girl!! its not easy!!

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-01-2010 at 07:40 AM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User
Re: Diet tips? Please!

Your diet advice is not right. No need to cut out carbs. Bodies need carbs to operate. Whole grains, fruits, dairy are all important and need to be included in a healthy diet. Losing weight comes down to calorie intake. Going to the gym everyday is also bad advice. You need rest days. That is when your body recovers. I would strongly urge you to educate yourself on proper nutrition and exercise. It may have worked for you, but it you will not be able to keep it up before your body starts to break down or you cannot keep it up any longer.

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-01-2010 at 07:40 AM. Reason: removed quote

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
(female)

model1979 HB User

I highly disagree with you. <edited> people tend to eat way too many carbs wich can contribute to weight gain. yes, it does come down to total cals but in the end, people tend to eat more carbs then they realize. carbs can be hidden in foods such as yogurt, fruit, sauces, ect. there is not always a need for a rest day. You can still engage in cardio everyday as long as the level is not as intense. <edited>

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-01-2010 at 07:46 AM. Reason: removed quote

Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

But then aren't the real calorie bombs the foods that contain large amounts of both carbs and fats? E.g. pasta with alfredo sauce, bread with butter, deep fried potatoes, breaded and fried anything, most junk food, etc.? Note that eating carbs in this way also increases fat consumption, resulting in much higher calorie consumption.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
(female)

model1979 HB User

You are correct on this. a lot of it is food combining, like i said, processed foods. when u have a clean diet, for ex, some pasta, some chicken, some veggies, you will find that your body will feel fuller and the weight loss is much easier to attain. when you add extras, if you will, to the mix, salts, sauces, glazes, this is where those extra hidden cals come to play. make sense?

Old 04-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Discussions on "best" diets?

Model1979,

I think it would be more correct to call for the elimination of "all processed carbs" rather than "all carbs". You said that you eat "some pasta" and "some vegies" so I know that you're not against "all carbs".

I'm on a plant based diet, except for a few ounces of fish per week, so my diet is about 99.5% unprocessed carbs.

Glad to hear that you have achieved your weightloss goal. That's great! But life is not all about weightloss. If I were you, I would give more thought to increasing your intake of veggies, for the purpose of promoting good long term health. Recommending "tons of MUFAs and lean meat" sounds like it might be too much.

Last edited by JohnR41; 04-01-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
(female)

model1979 HB User

I actually dont eat pasta. if i said that, it was a mistake. i have a small amount of rice in sushi. its prob less than 2 tablespoons!

for me, veggies are not an option as i have bad IBS. a diet full of mufas is not only healthy but can lower LDL and raise HDL. i have never felt better since adding these fats.

since i am a model and into fitness my life depends on how i look. so, for me, it is about weight loss and feeling good.

your diet sounds great! i bet it works well for you! and you are correct, it is more about processed carbs. however, when people look at their diets they usually skip the hidden sugars which is why i always recommend a no carb at first.

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-01-2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
(male)

Joces HB User

Very useful diet tips.

Closed Thread