It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 03:41 AM   #1
(female)

divinityred HB User
Raw Food diet

Anyone on this or have any information on it?

I bought a juicer and I have a blender. I stocked my fridge up with fruits and veggies. So far so good but my question is am I suppose to drink veggie/fruit juices for break fast, lunch, dinner? Would it be alright to juice twice a day and have a cooked food dinner? or is it all 100% raw food.

Can someone even be healthy drinking juice all day, every day?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Raw Food diet

divinityred,

I wish more people would first come on this board to ask if they should buy a juicer. They might be able to save a lot of money if they did.

We spend a lot of time informing people to stay away from processed foods. And what is a juicer but a home processor! It's a fiber extractor and fiber is one of the most important parts of food.

Some will say that fresh squeezed juice (from organic fruit and veggies) is healthy when compared to store bought juice. And I suppose some will say that home baked goods are healthier than buying from a bakery. But "HEALTHIER" is not necessarily healthy.

A raw food diet can be very healthy, if you actually eat the raw food.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

nodd HB User

good to have raw vegetables as it provides lot of fiber to the diet,but remember raw vegetables has to be avoided in some medical conditions.
you can eat food of vitamins,minerals and antioxidants like lettuce,tomatoes,cabbage,onions,cucumber ,radish,carrots,beetroot as salads also smome juice.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
(female)

Cipriana HB User

Hi divinityred,

To answer one of your questions;
You can be as raw as you want to. Not everyone wants to live 100% raw, which is why they would aim for example for 80 or 90% raw.

It sounds like you have not done a lot of research on the raw food diet, so I advice to do some online reading, or even ordering some books on the subject. I recommend The Sunfood Diet by David Wolfe, or his other book Eating for Beauty.

Good luck

Last edited by moderator2; 04-17-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 04-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
(female)

camidavis09 HB User

Therotically, yes. However, there are many nutrients (both macro and micro) you simply cannot acquire through juices.

Closed Thread