It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
(female)

cassy riza HB User
How can I reduce eating between meals?

Im new to dieting. It has been my habit to eat before lunch so now I am having a hard time to remove that bad habit! Do you know any product that I can use to reduce this urge? any tip?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: How can I reduce eating between meals?

There's nothing wrong with having a snack as long as it's a low calorie whole food.

Another alternative: Eat a good meal with enough protein so that you don't need a snack. If you get hungry too soon, it could very likely mean that you didn't eat a well balanced meal of whole foods. Eating the right foods in the right proportions should solve the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
(male)

titan38 HB User

It's not that you are eating before lunch, that is actually a good thing, as it would cause you to eat less during lunch. It's what you eat. If you are eating fruit or a slice of some sort of vegetable, you are on the right track.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
(female)

beemotivated HB User

It is always a good idea to have a drink (water) when you feel hungry, because we are often thirsty rather than hungry.

Try drinking more water throughout the day. Plus, this is a great way to detox – first few days you may go to the loo more frequently, then after a few days your body will adjust.

Last edited by beemotivated; 06-04-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling error

Old 06-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

I found taking 1 tsp of guar gum, shaked up in some low calorie drink, with each meal, helped to keep me satisfied for longer - it sets in your stomach, fills you up, and slows down the digestion of your meal.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Honestly, the only thing I've found that helps with between-meal snacking is 100 percent will power and resisting the urge to eat. And this is very hard.

Protein does fill you up a bit better than other things - I know when I used to eat omelets in the morning, I'd stay full for quite a while. Maybe try a fruit smoothie - these would be good as either a meal or a snack because they're so filling. To make one, mix 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup of whatever fruit you want (I use frozen berries), a drizzle each of milk and any fruit juice you have on hand. Mix in a blender, and if you like, strain out seeds, pulp and skin with one of those mini hand strainers (the kind used to pat powdered sugar onto cakes). This makes a very big glass and it's very filling...and healthy.

Also, try doing some light exercise to ward off hunger. If you want to snack, find a spot and do a couple crunches, a couple squats, and maybe a push-up or two. Nothing strenuous.

Yeah, I should take my own advice.

Closed Thread