It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

blueyes118 HB User
Eating cauliflower to lose weight?

Hi,
I never liked the taste of cauliflower but I tried a new recipe where I put cooked cauliflower in chickpeas and rice, with some curry spices. It tastes so delicious, I can eat this everyday for lunch or dinner, which is amazing if you knew how much I hated eating cauliflower before.

I am also trying to lose weight. Can anyone tell me what I can achieve if I eat cauliflower everyday, maybe with a side of seasoned broccoli? I know cauliflower has a good source of antioxidants and low cal, but what I really need is for some foods to boost my metabolism, burn fat, and clean my intestines and colon of any buildup. Can it do this and help me lose weight? Or what foods can? Thanks for any help!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Eating cauliflower to lose weight?

While cauliflower and broccoli are healthy low calorie vegetables, they are not magical in terms of losing body fat. However, eating lots of them and other low calorie vegetables in place of higher calorie foods may reduce your total calorie intake, which may help you lose body fat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

blueyes118,

Just a word of caution: Try not to overcook the broccoli, cauliflower and other vegetables. Overcooking degrades the nutrients and the fiber. In my opinion, you can take healthy vegetables and destroy them by cooking the life out of them. Also, if you're using white rice, try whole grain instead.

How much rice does the recipe call for for a single serving? Too much rice may give you too many calories.

How much cauliflower? How much chickpeas? You need enough chickpeas to get your protein requirement.

What kind of fat does the recipe call for? Olive oil? If so, don't cook the olive oil.

How much will you eat? Will you be making single servings?

As you can see, there are lots of things to think about. One or two healthy ingredients doesn't necessarily make the healthiest meal. It's everything about how the meal is put together.

If you eat a good diet with lots of vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruit etc., and eliminate processed foods, you won't have to worry about "colon buildup". Mother-nature will take care of everything.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:42 AM   #4
(female)

lilydavis2010 HB User

Hi,
Eating cauliflower will help you to loose weight, why dont you do some exercise as well. < edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-27-2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Closed Thread