It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
(female)

kayla320 HB User
need help with better eating habits

I need some help on how to get started with healthier eating habits. I'm not overweight (5' 5.5" and 125lbs) and I usually exercise about 3 times a week. The only problem is that my eating habits are bad, I tend to eat out too much and eat quite a bit of junk food.

Whenever I try to eat healthier I get very moody, and end up stopping. I also get sick to my stomach and sometimes dizzy if I go to long without eating.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve my eating habits without feeling sick?

Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: need help with better eating habits

I think you need to make small changes over a long period of time. Don't make it "all or nothing". Pick one healthy item that you don't object to too much and include it in your diet. Keep that one healthy item in your diet until it becomes totally natural. Make it a habit. You might even get to like it! Then after a week or two, add something else. Let the healthy items slowly take the place of unhealthy items.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
(female)

littleshelly HB User

Eating healthy does not mean going long periods of time without eating. Of course you get sick and dizzy if you don't eat.
Eating healthy means choosing foods that fuel your body. If you are truly eating well you will feel better,not worse.
Clean, balanced eating is key.
Complex carbs, healthy fats, fruits and vegetables, lowfat dairy and proteins, whole grains, plenty of water.
Avoid simple carbs, trans fats, fried foods, fast foods, processed foods, sugary foods. Don't drink your calories.
Cardio that gets your heart rate up 5-6 days a week, weight lifting that challenges you. Lift hard and heavy to build muscle which will speed up your metabolism and help you burn calories naturally.
Keep active in general.

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-16-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: removed quote

Old 05-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I fully agree with the other posts. I do best with a gradual change so I don't feel deprived. I also allow myself small "treats" here and there, but I make sure to only have them in small portions around me so I won't overdo it. My trick is finding healthy foods that I really, really love. For example, I enjoy strawberries VERY much, so I keep them around often. I don't force myself to eat food I don't care for. I also try to eat pretty often, about every few hours, so I don't get dizzy and lighted or too hungry. I prefer eating smaller meals, but more often. Definitely make little changes and go from there! For example, try swapping one thing at a time. A good example of this for me was that in the past I liked to eat chips for a snack. Now I will take a whole wheat tortilla, cut it up into small triangles, and bake it in the oven until crispy. Then I eat them with salsa. It's like a healthy alternative to chips and good portion control.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
(female)

rachelstime HB User

kayla320;

Remeber that it's is hard for everyone and don't get down on yourself when you slip up because we all slip up. You just have to stay focused, don't give up and reduce then eliminate.

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-23-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: removed quote

Closed Thread