It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
(female)

graces23 HB User
Sanitarium Up & Go breakfast drinks... are they addictive?

People in Australia will know what this product is - it's a milk/dairy-based breakfast drink which is fairly low in fat, high in protein and is touted as a healthy solid-food breakfast alternative (the equivalent of 2 whole wheat biscuits & milk)

They have 3.8g of fat in the smaller individual ones, about 600kj, and 8g of protein (I think. Don't quote me).

Anyway, I am SO addicted to these. Have been for quite some time. They're not cheap. If you buy the larger ones individually, they're about $2.50 each. If you buy a pack of 3, they're about $4. If you buy a pack of 6, they're $8 or so.

I used to only have one each morning on weekdays for breakfast instead of actual solid food. But nowadays, I have this morning one, then another when I get home from work at 3pm, and then another one as part of my night time snack at about 9pm, a few hours after dinner. (with this snack, I also have an actual bowl of 2 whole wheat biscuits & milk)

I am spending about $20 a week on these damn things!!! I'd have MORE if I could afford to!!

And why do I feel the need to have an actual bowl of cereal WITH one of these drinks as my night snack if the drink itself is supposed to be the equivalent of that exact same cereal and milk??

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Am I insane? lol

Old 06-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Sanitarium Up & Go breakfast drinks...are they addictive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceslick23 View Post
And why do I feel the need to have an actual bowl of cereal WITH one of these drinks as my night snack if the drink itself is supposed to be the equivalent of that exact same cereal and milk??
The drink is not equivalent to cereal and milk unless it contains whole wheat. Whole wheat contains fiber which is very important for good health. You should have about 25 to 35 grams of fiber per day. It's very important for severl reasons.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

thomshelly HB User
Re: Sanitarium Up & Go breakfast drinks...are they addictive?

It sounds good!! I've never heard of them!

Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 AM   #4
(female)

Septima HB User
Red face Re: Sanitarium Up & Go breakfast drinks...are they addictive?

Im having a similar problem. Every morning i wake up and have two Up and Go's, if i have time. When i arrive home in the evening, i have one more before dinner and then around 9 o'clock before i start trying to relax before bed, i have another two, sometimes three. I think they might be addictive. I'm not sure what it is. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one addicted to these. Lol.

Closed Thread