It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
(male)

ikopytwe09 HB User
Does Slim Fast Work

can you eat 3 hours apart of slim fast

Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Does Slim Fast Work

I don't understand the 3 hour part you are asking about... are you asking if it works if you drink it every 3 hours? Overall, if you are taking in less calories, yes, you can lose weight. I personally don't drink Slim Fast because I prefer to make my own shakes. I use whey protein powder mixed with skim milk, which has a lot more protein and very little sugar. Slim Fast has some added sugar in it, which I try to avoid. Whey protein powder usually contains many other vitamins and nutrients that Slim Fast won't have or won't have as much of. It can also be cheaper to purchase whey protein powder, as you can buy a large container with many servings for a reasonable price.

But overall, if you are taking in less calories (but not TOO few- 1200 is usually the lowest recommended for a petite woman, and others would need more), you should be able to lose weight. I do know people who drank a Slim Fast as a breakfast and for lunch, then they ate a reasonable dinner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

I lost weight once on Slim Fast, but don't recommend it. A proper diet will be much more nutritious. Drinks like Slim Fast and Ensure are much better as supplements to a diet than replacements for food.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

Yes, you can lose weight drinking Slim Fast. And, yes, you will gain it all back once you stop drinking the Slim Fast! Plus, you will be hungry. Instead, why not eat your calories?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
(male)

LP123 HB User

Yes, I lost about 100lb on the slimfast plan about 18 years ago. Of course over a 1/3 of that was lean muscle tissue that I had to later put back on, as I looked very gaunt and not very healthy. Simple fact is if you consume less calories than your metabolism need to function properly it will make up the difference by cannibalising lean muscle tissue.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
(female)

Fibrobugsme HB UserFibrobugsme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikopytwe09 View Post
can you eat 3 hours apart of slim fast
I don't know what you mean about the 3 hours apart of slim fast....

I've tried SLim Fast and I ended up with complications. Apartently it was too much fiber for me. I had to go to an GI because I was having so many problems including GERD. After I went off Slim Fast and after the regulated my Prilosec I was finally ok. I'd never though that stuff again. If you have maybe 5 pounds to lose and just want to dump it fast maybe it would be ok for those situations (even though it's loaded with sugar) but if you have a lot of weight to lose...be sensible and find a plan that will work well for you. I'm really good at talking myself out of eating things. If I see something in the grocery store that I want I tell myself if I still want it next time I can get it then. Next time I see it...I do the same thing. Nothing is off limits on my plan but I just talk myself out of eating what I know I shouldn't have. I've done really well.

Oh, and good luck on your diet plan!!
Sharon

Old 09-10-2010, 04:26 AM   #7
(male)

Nickx HB User

It's nothing more than meal replacement, same concept as eating a light nutritious convenient snack.. there are no properties in slim fast that help you lose weight.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

I just got curious enough to do a little research and was surprised to find that the main ingredients are not the items that one would neeed to add up to a healthful product. Here are the four main ingredients:

1) skim milk

2) sugar

3) fructose

4) cocoa

If that's a meal, it's a rather poor meal in my opinion. You might as well eat corn flakes or total cereal with skim milk. Not that I would recommend cereal or skim milk, but it would be better and less expensive, in my opinion.

Last edited by JohnR41; 09-11-2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: To delete a sentence

Closed Thread