It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
(male)

mm9 HB User
Are deep fried chips bad for health once a week?

I eat chips from a chip fryer once a week. They are fried in fat and I exercise regularly.

Last edited by mm9; 09-03-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
(male)

Nickx HB User
Re: Are deep fried chips bad for health once a week?

fried anything is bad for you no matter how rarely you eat it, it is never good for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

I agree with Nickx and I would add the following: Whenever you eat somthing that you know is harmful or unhealthful, you are reinforcing a bad habit. What good will come of it? Why not try to find somthing better to take its place?

Old 09-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

There are so many other tasty snacks that can replace deep fried chips. Even baked chips would be a better option and won't be as bad for you. Lately I've become a big fan of a rice and bean chip that my grocery makes. I don't like beans, but they don't taste like them at all. They are light and crispy and a serving has just over a hundred calories. They're a good treat to have every now and then.

Like you said, the less you eat the fried chips, the better, but I agree that it can definitely become a habit and you might want them even more often. If you feel like you must have them, just have a very small serving and eat them no more than you do now. I occasionally have special decadent treats, but I try to eat them less than once a week. For example, I love a good cupcake, but I don't eat them more than once a month or so! It makes them even more tasty when I can look forward to having one as a special treat.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
(female)

seavegetables HB User

Once a week is a lot to me. See if you can do once a month or less. Then see if it makes a difference in your overall health.

Closed Thread