It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
(male)

Lifejoy HB User
Raw food diet

Hi everybody.

I recently attended a "raw food course".

The health benefits touted by the organizers seem miraculous. My wife and I are currently about 25% raw in diet. I am interseted to hear about success stories of people who have improved their health or even managed to cure disease by eating a raw diet?

I have to add that on the days that we juice our greens and start the day with a fruit smoothie, I feel like a million dollars!

Thank you in advance for your contribution.

Werner.

Last edited by Lifejoy; 10-11-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Grammer

Old 10-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Raw food diet

Was it all about juicing? I believe we were born with the best processor of all: Teeth! If we chew our raw vegetables it takes time and that allows for saliva to mix with the food and do its thing to aid digestion. You can't beat what nature gave us. Also, you get bulk (fiber) and the feeling of fullness and time for the brain to send a signal that you've had enough to eat.

In my opinion, juicing should only be a last resort for people who are having serious health issues where they can't chew or are having problems swallowing.

But I'm 100% in favor of eating raw vegetables to promote health. :-)

Last edited by JohnR41; 10-14-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
(male)

LP123 HB User

seriously, john? what vegetables do you eat raw? what about meat, one can't seriously have a raw meat diet, can they?

Last edited by LP123; 12-16-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I have heard of people who were cured from cancer by 65-85% raw diet but I also read that it is important to have some cooked foods. Some cooked foods might include Bread, beans, grains and potatoes ( though I have heard some use sprouts to make their bread and also use raw potato. unless there was a severe stomach acid problem that did not feel better with a glass of water I wouldn't use raw potato.)I heard one doctor say she thought that raw starch could possibly cause scar tissue pock marks in brain tissue. I suppose for someone who has eaten almost no raw food it might be very important to put raw food in for the purpose of enzymes. I know some who have lost weight by it. If sprouts are not grown properly or rinsed properly in my opinion it may contribute to some health difficulties. The government also had and may still have a warning about raw kidney bean sprouts. What I guess I am trying to say is that yes raw foods are needed but some cooked also. Those who are overweight and or seriously sick may need a good deal more raw unless they are simply too thin. In my opinion if a person is already thin it would be better to add some cooked. I am glad adding raw food has improved many a person's health.

Closed Thread