It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Chronically ill, now can't eat...

Hello friends,

I am pretty sick with several serious illnesses, and need daily care, take lots of medications, and I am becoming more and more alarmed because I have just stopped eating.

I do not have any appetite, and nothing sounds good to me. I have begun to have nausea following any attempts to eat, almost seasick feeling.

This seasick feeling has also begun to make riding in the car unbearable. For example, yesterday I went for a massage and acupuncture, leaving there feeling wonderful, and hungry! By the time we arrived home 20 minutes later, I was ill the rest of the night.

Of course, I know I need to eat to keep my brain functioning, but I simply can't do it. Here's the kicker...it has been about 3 weeks now.

I am cared for by many wonderful doctors, so I have access to any medical care I need, but I am embarrassed about this. Why would anyone simply stop eating? It makes no sense.

I do have some very serious illnesses including kidney failure, heart disease, and very unstable BP.

I know the answer is so easy..just EAT-that is why I am hesitant to talk to my doctor about it, but then again...that is even dumber.

Talk some sense into me friends! Thanks

Old 10-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
(female)

shipscook1 HB User
Re: Chronically ill, now can't eat...

you are on several medications? check with your doctor today, I was on several, totally lost my appetite, it was the side effect of two of them, ate almost nothing for several weeks?
tapered off now and back to the piggie I have always been.
Take Care,
Nan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Chronically ill, now can't eat...

shipscook...

Thanks! Makes perfect sense,

I have added some major pain medications over the last few months, and I do believe they could be the culprits. I think I will go ask my friends over on the pain management board...

Closed Thread