It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
food help and dieting

hi all.

i'm dieting and it is a struggle for one reason. i hate all fruit and vegetables i feel so sick when i taste them i think they taste gross lol :-(. i also need a sugar rush everyday because if i don't i start feeling moody i know it sounds silly lol.

what do i do?

Last edited by cryingforever; 11-17-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: food help and dieting

thanks for replying. i do have a pretty crap childhood but nothing i can remember lol. could they be a link? if so how?

whats that molessa thing you eat?? lol sorry i forgot how you spelt it. never heard of it before is it fruit?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: food help and dieting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostgirl2010 View Post
i hate all fruit and vegetables i feel so sick when i taste them i think they taste gross....
Part of the reason might have to do with your age. Young people, who are still growing, often don't like vegetables. And pregnant women often don't like vegetables. So you might be very young or pregnant or both.

But it doesn't explain everything because there are many older people (men and women) who don't like vegetables. One theory is that children have this condition at birth if their mothers ate a lot of sweet or salty processed foods. In other words, it's "learned" or conditioned before birth.

To make matters worse, these mothers often feed their impressionable childern the same junk they ate when they were pregnant. So the subpar conditioning continues after the baby is born. How will children learn to like fruit and vegetables if the mother doesn't gradually introduce them into their diet as they're growing up?

Can you acquire a taste for vegetables? It might take considerable effort, but I suppose it's possible. You might try starting with very small amounts and use your favorite dressing. Also, eat your vegetables first while you're still humgry. Don't try eating them when you're not hungry!

Closed Thread