It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Has anyone else noticed...?

Hi there, Has anyone else noticed that those who drink coffee are more likely to be irritated, angry or even enraged? They also seem to get more headaches. I discovered sites on the internet that support these observations. I don't happen to think that coffee is all that good for the nervous system.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
(female)

samteri HB User
Re: Has anyone else noticed...?

Hmm that's so interesting! I knew caffiene straight up is not good for you, but I never realized coffee can make one bitter. I have tim hortons coffee allll theee timeee.. & I feel happy when I have it. I seldom get headaches, but if I drink too much coffee, I don't feel so well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

I think that people like its taste and enjoy it but later on they may get irritated.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
(female)

samteri HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
I think that people like its taste and enjoy it but later on they may get irritated.
Yes, that's true. Or maybe people get grumpy when they don't get their coffee fix? I find that when I crave a timmy's cafe mocha, but can't get it, I get cranky haha

Old 11-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

yes addictions can make people cranky when they can't get their fix. If they stay away from it in the first place maybe they wouldn't suffer so much crankiness from their addiction.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

bdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB User

Problem is that people overdo it. They start drinking coffee, then A LOT of coffee and get over-caffeinated. Caffeine is not nearly as addictive as say things like nicotine or cocaine, but people can become dependent on it.

I drink 2 small cups per day and I feel fine with that. I enjoy the taste and the mild stimulant effect. That's fine for the nervous system. When you become a chronic coffee drinker, then you may overtax the nervous system.

Black coffee is not a bad thing. There are tons of antioxidants and bioflavanoids in black coffee. Just don't overdo it.

Closed Thread