I am 22 year old over weight female. I have always struggled with weight and though I tried things, I am always told that I am not consuming enough calories in my day. I eat on average one meal and 1 snack in my day. I know it's not enough but I am struggling trying to eat more. The meal I have on average is about a child's size portion and I don't get any feelings of hunger at anytime. I mostly for a meal just have a smoothie as it fills me for the remainder of the day. I don't consume fast food or anything of the sort. I don't have a lot of energy but I do enjoy getting to the pool once in a while. I am a student and work a full time job so there is not a lot of free time out there for me.
As of late, I feel like I am losing weight quite quickly, but I worry that I am doing so the wrong way. Is there anyone with any suggestions of what I can do to get back on a normal eating pattern?
I'd start taking a multivitamin with iron to help ill in any gaps in your diet, and then start slowly eating three meals a day.... start off with a slice of toast for breakfast, some yoghut and fruit for lunch, meat n veggies for diner, small serves, and gradualy build up from there as your body gets used to normal eating again.
The desire to take medicines is what seperates man from the lower animals - William Ostler
- Never go below 1,200 calories per day without consulting a professional (doctor).
- Eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Don't eat anything after dinner before you go to bed.
- Exercise: Cardio & Weight training.
- Have a balanced varied diet i.e. eat different fruits, vegetables, and meats from day to day.
- Keep a food journal and write down everything you eat thought the day.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Never drink your calories with the exception of skim milk. For example do not drink soda pop!