It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
(male)

Stoneface HB User
what happened?

Back in Spring, 2008 I, for some reason, lost interest in food and started eating almost nothing. I remember recounting a few days and was taking in bout 300-600 calories a day, but wasn't exercising at all. I lost from 382 pounds to 317 pounds in about eight weeks. Then, all the sudden I started eating again and in about a year I had gained it all back and then some. Now I'm a good click beyond that. Has anyone here ever experience that? Does anyone have any idea what in the world it was?

God bless,

Rowdy

Old 12-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
(male)

Why9999 HB User
Re: what happened?

I'm glad you got the appetite back as loss of appetite can result from some pretty nasty conditions and diseases. Anyway, two not-as-serious ones are hypothyroidism and certain medications.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface View Post
Does anyone have any idea what in the world it was?
Depression or grief can cause weight loss.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
(male)

Stoneface HB User

I don't know. I had just lost my job, but really wanted to quit anyhow. I was living with my parents to help care for my mother, so paying bills and providing gorceries weren't stressing me out. I didn't experience any kind of major life change or upset. I just stopped eating one day, at almost nothing for about six weeks, then started eating again. It was pretty crazy.

Closed Thread