It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
(male)

donayre21 HB User
Unhappy What can I do? Son and Dad diet?

I dont know if I'm in the right place but i just cant take it they treat me like I'm anemic at home just because I dont want to eat junk food like them any more and prefer eating cereal instead of pizza or kfc.I wieght 164 and has gained 4 pounds this week.I dont eat at school because I have bathroom problems,everytime I eat i have to go to the bathroom after, so I wait till I get home.When I get home I get cereal or what ever my mom makes which is fish sometimes rarely or chiken which is always.I eat 2 times a day either cereal or cereal again before 8pm at night.My dad's diet is way diferent he has 2 jobs and verly show up at home.He works in pizza hut as a driver at night and in the morning he works at some apartments moving stuff around.When he get home he usually eat this big fruit cakes he eats 2 slices every night and in the morning when he is going to work he buy bread with cofe and eats it on he;s way to work.Most of the time when he comes from work early he brings pizza or in the days he dosent he work he buys 2 bagets and he expexts me to eat one entirely and he eats the other one.This is my point he keeps calling me animic just becuse I dont eat junk food I had tryed to change he's mind but the only thing he can say is "your jung you wont get at now start eating""Eating junk food gives me energy because I have 2 jobs"this is what Itell him"I dont care if you eat alot just eat chiken fish insted of that junk food" Can someone tell me what I could do to get thorught him.

Last edited by donayre21; 12-08-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
(female)

AmbiLTDE HB User
Re: What can I do? Son and Dad diet?

Your intentions are good, but if you mostly survive on cereal, you might become anemic. It sounds like you need more different types of food. Your family won't be able to call you anemic if you start eating nutritious food with iron in it.

You could try telling your dad that food with lower GI (slowly released energy) keeps you going for longer. Junk food and caffeine gives you quickly absorbed energy but the "crash" is worse because it burns off quicker. Junk food also doesn't have as many vitamins, minerals, and good quality protein.

Closed Thread