It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Koae HB User
Post Anti-aging Fruits and Vegetables?

Hi there, my skin is getting worn out and somewhat wrinkled. Aging faster than my twin maybe? We like to be identical in every way. We eat the same foods and everything. In the past we used to stay at grandparents house on and off switching each day. I think those years caused a lot of change in us. Both in diet and environmental changes. So I want to try fix this naturally with a diet. I'll be eating fruits and vegetables alone for lunch and dinner, so need to figure out a perfect variation that I won't grow bored out of.

What fruits and vegetables helps one to stay youthful? gives one a younger skin? I read somewhere that fruits and vegetables with high amount of Vitamin A (Retinol?) would help? Please recommend some fruits and vegetables that I can add in my fruits+veggie diet I'm going to try for the next half of a year.

Last edited by Koae; 01-09-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Anti-aging Fruits and Vegetables?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koae View Post
I'll be eating fruits and vegetables alone for lunch and dinner......
Will you be getting enough lean protein each day?

Quote:
What fruits and vegetables helps one to stay youthful?
All fruits and vegetables contain anti-oxidants, so all are considered to be anti-aging. I think if you would just eat a wide variety, that would probably be the best plan. If you do that, you should get plenty of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin D3 and B12 could be a problem if you don't get any sun and don't eat animal products.

Anti-aging requires that you eat a balanced diet, drink enough water, get an adequate amount of lean protein, get at least moderate exercise, 8 hours of sleep each night and avoid stress. You should also eliminate any excess calories like processed sugar which will work against anti-oxidants from fruits and vegetables. And maintain a healthy weight....about 19 or 20 BMI would be ideal for the average person. It's really a whole lifestyle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User
Re: Anti-aging Fruits and Vegetables

I think it's also important to eat enough of the healthy fats! Olive oil on your salad, raw almonds & avocado for instance. They sort of lubricate the skin from within!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
(female)

MelSilver HB User
Re: Anti-aging Fruits and Vegetables?

Going through the thread, the others have said it all. All fruits and vegetables can really help you. It is important to stay balanced for all vitamins and mineral groups. I used to have bad skin but when I started eating more fruits and vegetables everything changed. Hope you will reach your goal soon.

Closed Thread